Comair Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PIGHEEL

Any Comair newbees of folks in the know.

Couple of questions:

a. What has been the time spand between interview and your class date?

b. How long is the training?

c. When do you get that all important seniority or company employee number?

d. How do they determine what aircraft you'll funnel/train in?

e. Are there more tests, screenings once you have been offered a job and then accepted?

f. When do you start getting paid?

g. Is the pay different while you are in training and when you start flying?

Thanks. PIGHEEL

Comair....

Pigheal,

Here is some info that might help you out.....

a. What has been the time spand between interview and your class date? Varies, some I hear a week some months. I interviewed prior to 9/11 and got a call 5 days after I faxed it in.

b. How long is the training? 85 days is what they tell you and it is pretty close to that. Those days include your days off.

c. When do you get that all important seniority or company employee number? First day of Basic Indoc class.

d. How do they determine what aircraft you'll funnel/train in? All new hires go into the CL65 (RJ). Approx. 400-450 this year

e. Are there more tests, screenings once you have been offered a job and then accepted? Yes and no, there are no interview type tests however, there are basic indoc, systems, memory items, drug test, sim and oral tests......

f. When do you start getting paid? First day.

g. Is the pay different while you are in training and when you start flying? Yes, training pay is $230/week and once you comence IOE you go the the monthly min of 75 hrs.

Hope this helps you out....

Shafted

Shafted, thanks for the info.

Couple of clarifying questions, if I may:

a. Time between interview and class date. In other words, once you've done the initial interview and been offered, accepted, then normally (or at the present moment) how long is the wait till you start classes? Been seeing the threads fm the SW and FedEX folks, and it looks painful.

b. A/c type. How is it decided between the three CRJs, with apparently "bigger" being better?

Additional questions:

a. Uniform - cost? Imagine we pay for them?

b. Lodging during training. Who pays for that?

Best to ya. Thanks. PIGHEEL

For acft type...they are divided in two, 70 seats and 50/44 seats. 70 seats are not on the property yet. 50/44 seats pay the same so that is not a factor. seniority will be the deciding factor.

yes, you pay for uniforms. i would guess about a grand, but i'm not sure i had it all payroll deducted...

lodging is on comair's dime for the first week. after that it's on you...

Anaconda, thanks for the news.

Sorry about your Titans. Maybe next yr. The Patriots have used some of the Titan magic of yrs past.

All the best!!!!!!!!

OBTW, saw a new post that discusses AMR and having the American Eagle flts flown by the AA guys who are on furlough.

Interesting, and concerning if the industry goes that way and Comair thinks to get on board. Can't imagine it happening, since it would cost more.

PIGHEEL

I believe our new contract states that the company will pay for uniforms now, except for that optional leather jacket.

you may be confused with the section that states the company will pay the cost of "new" uniforms, as in a redesign and reissue of our uniforms. the initial cost of your "initial" (not "new") uniform is still your responsibility, as i can attest by the $25.00 deduction from my paycheck. i also started after the contract was signed.

unfortunately the leather jacket is not considered "new", but rather an additional item, so as you said the company does not pay for it.

Other ????

Seniority - is it determined when you start class?

Is it by age or SSN?

Class size - what is the normal class size these days?

When can you start riding along on Delta or Comair flts to get home?

All the best. Great news for the Eagle folks in another thread.

PIGHEEL

Pigheel...I'm afraid the only question I can answer is the seniority one. That is determined by age within your class.

Post Strike Feelings?

Thanks for the info re: Comair. One question I have would be how things are at the company attitude-wise after a long and bitter strike. Is there still a lot bitterness, or are folks generally over that, esp. in these difficult times? Pilot group pretty happy overall?
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks.

Latest resources

Back