Comair Interview Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Jorgan

I've been told they ask a lot about your current aircraft at this interview. Does that mean if I am asked me what my takeoff mins are and alternate requirements are, etc., I should answer under the rules I have to follow now in the military, or should I use part 121 or 91? Thanks, I don't know any other military folks who have interviewed with them.

Study 91 alternate mins, forget the rest

Hugh,
I am the man you need to talk to! I interviewed with them on Jan 31 and have a class date this month. Anyway...I was in your exact position. I was told not to worry too much about learning 91 and 121 regs...just to be familiar with what I flew under so I didn't worry too much about it. Well the interview process was interesting...the captain asked me some questions about the C-130 (types of engines, service ceiling) and then gave me a TAF and asked if I needed an alternate. I told him under my regs (USAF) we would. He then asked if we would need a takeoff alternate...again, under USAF regs, yes. It got to be downright comical...the entire thing seemed to go like this...half my answers were preceeded by "under Air Force regs blah blah blah". I think we were both getting a little frustrated as we were both professional, yet for all he knew I could be pulling ALL of my answers out of the rectal database and he would have no way of knowing. I also threw him for a loop when some of the answers were "according to ICAO" or "except in Europe", again stuff he didn't know. My advice would be to look at the Part 91 alternate requirements and not worry about anything else. To be honest, I thought I had botched the interview but apparently it didn't make a difference. I think they put a lot of stock in the military training so they're mainly looking to see if they'd enjoy flying with you. Just be yourself and don't go in with an attitude...everything will work out. Good luck and shoot me a message if you have anymore questions.
Otto
P.s. Just curious how you went from Tweets to P-3's? Did you go to Vance for joint training in flight school?

They expect you to know what you are doing now. I came from cargo, and the 121 supplimental rules are a bit different from 121 domestic. I knew all the domestic rules, as I was a domestic dispatcher for years, but they still wanted to know my current rules. Hope this helps you.

Thanks guys,
I'm going up to Cincy on the 20th for a 21st interview. Any trip reports would also be appreciated if you have anything that wasn't on aviationinterview.com or willflyforfood. I'm a navy p-3 guy doing my shore duty as a Vance tweet IP. Thanks again for the help! Sounds like an enjoyable process.

Latest resources

Back