• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a shame, and all the birds will probably go to a non alpa carrier. Not that it makes any difference where they go because jobs will be lost either way, but another blow for CVG as well. Good luck to everyone involved if this goes the way people say it is going to.
How's that new? There's always ways around ALPA. Management has that whole game figured out. Pinnacle Corp buying a non-ALPA carrier Colgan and growing them with Q400s while shrinking/downgrading Pinnacle Airlines, an ALPA carrier.

The real shame was when the Comair MEC Chairman sold out 90% of Comair pilots to gain advantage for the top 10% back in 2002, when he refused the request of the Delta's union in regards to taking Delta furloughee pilots without giving up seniority numbers at Delta.

Over on APC on the Comair updates thread, someone posted a memo from Gumm about Delta making a final decision on Comair by the end of the month. Needless to say, it's not looking good. :(

From the CMR website. Looks pretty grim, absolutely no job postings company wide.

Good luck and much success fellas.

CDJHeaderLeft.jpg

Career Opportunities

Job Category: ALL Administrative Communications/Marketing Customer Service Finance Flight Attendant Flight Operations Human Resources Inflight Information Technology Maintenance Management/Professional Supply Chain Temporary Employee Pilot Sub-cat​

No jobs have been posted.

Last edited:
All Employees Ryan Gumm, President Comair Update
July 13, 2012
In view of significant changes in the economic and competitive conditions in the regional airline industry in recent years, we have been advised that Delta continues to explore strategic alternatives for Comair, as they have previously communicated. I expect Delta to make a decision by the end of July on that strategic direction. We do not anticipate any further communication regarding Delta’s plan for Comair until a final decision has been made. At the same time, we commit to keeping you advised of developments.
Thank you for your continued professionalism and focus on safety and the operation. Please remember to take care of your fellow crewmembers and our customers each day out on the line.

Keeping you informed of a final decision.... That decision was made years ago, it could go 1 of 2 paths, Sold and quietly dismantled (aka Pinnacolaba) or no buyers and simply parked and parted out (aka Comair)

Does anyone know how many crews per airframe? I'm trying to figure out if I am going to get back from my deployment with the National Guard in time to get current before getting furloughed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I want to say IRS 5.5 per seat.

Wouldn't WARN letters have to have been sent out by now for a 1 October shut-down? The decision might be around then...but they have to send out the letters with a furlough of that size.

"Wouldn't WARN letters have to have been sent out by now for a 1 October shut-down? The decision might be around then...but they have to send out the letters with a furlough of that size."

Who said anything about furlough?

I believe the conversation involves shutting the door for good. No recalls here.

Latest resources

Back