• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you know that the original NWA pilots have a secret recognition signal upon seeing each other in the terminal?

They smile.

Actually, that joke goes back to 1987 when it was Western, not NWA, pilots. Makes quite a statement about the DL culture - a quarter century later, still a bunch of happy guys.

Exactly, after the Western Airlines purchase by Delta, the ex-Western guys would actually go out of their way to be friendly... The RD(real Delta) pilots, not so much.

Last edited:
Anyone know how many airframes left on property? I understood we had to be at 44 airframes by September 2012. Or has that changed?

Just a date I am hearing as a possible cease to the operation. I sure hope not, but a lot of talk sounds to be likely. From a credible inside source.

That date keeps dancing around. It was September 1, then September 15, now I guess October 1.

At about 48-50 now...remainder to go offline in August resulting in the 44 total.

Does anyone know how many crews per airframe? I'm trying to figure out if I am going to get back from my deployment with the National Guard in time to get current before getting furloughed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What a shame, and all the birds will probably go to a non alpa carrier. Not that it makes any difference where they go because jobs will be lost either way, but another blow for CVG as well. Good luck to everyone involved if this goes the way people say it is going to.

Latest resources

Back