Comair Dallas base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichO

The previous thread talked about a new base in Dallas for Comair, so the question is will this mean more of a westward expansion for Comair? (of course if this truely does happen, and a new base is opened in Dallas)

Dallas

Just before i bailed from conair training academy there was talk by some officals from Delta that it mit happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We actually have something in writing that says it should happen. Comair is going to fly more out of Dallas, and a crewbase would probably make sense anyway. Of course, this came with the same announcement that we were losing MCO, and Chataqua was going to replace us there. Oh well, I'd rather go West anyway.

So do you think that with a Dallas base, Comair might expend towards the west coast with it's routing?

RichO said:
So do you think that with a Dallas base, Comair might expend towards the west coast with it's routing?

Yes, hopefully ASA and Comair will soon be replacing Skywest in the West! We hear the rumours all of the time.

I'm just curious, with the current trend to outsource flying from W/Os to other regionals to save money, what would be Delta's motivation for replacing SkyWest with ASA/Comair? Is there a financial incentive?

Somehow I don't see Skywest getting out of the picture.....but I guess stranger things have happened.....How about this, a west coast base for Comair.......wouldn't that be interesting.....of course this is how rumors are started.....lol.......

The main reason to reverse the trend of increasing non-WO flying is simple: DAL gets to keep 100% of the revenue generated by the WOs. The pilots at the contract carriers could fly for free 26hrs a day and the WOs would still generate more profit for the corporation as a whole. The main reason you are seeing the non WOs expand is mostly:

1) The WOs can't handle the growth right now (Look at the delivery and training schedules at ASA/CMR as it is)

2) The threat of cheap labor waiting in the wings to steal the WOs flying is exactly what Fast Freddy is counting on to keep the troops in line as Sept approaches.

Once ASA's contract is settled, you'll see a huge Westward push by the WOs. The CMR DFW base is only the first step.

And if you REALLY wanna start a good (semi substantiated) rumor, try this: SLC closes in favor of LAS. No WX delays, huge final destination in its own right (now that the Olympics are over, who goes to SLC just to go there??) and a perfect jumping off point for a multi day West Coast trip in a CRJ700 to go after UAL Shuttle.

Latest resources

Back