• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jordan

I was wondering if it is worth it to by some items such as:

1. Basic overview of systems on the CRJ-200
2. Cockpit poster of the CRJ-200
3. Question Review of the CRJ-200

I found this stuff available through avsoft.com. Let me know if someone has had previous experience with these items.

I have not flown a jet before and thought that reading this (not memorizing it) would give me some what of a faster start when I begin training. Also, is there anywhere I can get the memory items and limitations before training so that I can begin to memorize them.

no !!!!

don't buy anything !!!! get your life in order. take a vacation , relax, build something: because when you start you will be too busy to do ANYTHING else. Comair gives you plenty of time to study, all the materials to study with. I know you're excited but believe me, enjoy your time off now, you will not have any time off during training and very little on reserve. good luck, stop sweating, for now.

I agree. Don't buy anything for class, except perhaps a nice new notebook and a pen. I have been through three different initial 121 training programs with two different airlines, and I have found gouge to be hurtful more than helpful. Good luck to you.

Great study book

Hi Jordan,
I would suggest reading the "Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual" It will familiarize you with terms that you'll be hearing in class. It will also introduce you to the basics of all of the different types of aircraft systems and the operation of the engines, etc.

I'm reading it myself right now and I'm finding it very useful by familiarizing me with terms and concepts I have not been introduced to so far in my career.

Hope this helps,
Jet

turbine engines

Not that I'm with an airline yet, but I do have a few hours in Turbo-Props/Turbo-Jets, and would second the suggestion to read the book on turbine engines. The principle would be nice to understand before class I would think. One less thing to learn.

Of course, I don't think you would be completly behind by not reading it, but if your just itching to read something why not read something that will help you in the future.

Actually, if you do read the book, I would then, once finished reading it, find an engine that someone is working on and have the mx person go over the different locations of the specific components. It's amazing what a brief tour of the engine does for your understanding of how turbine engines work. And I'm sure everone is familiar with this tech. but pretend your a small particle starting at the intake and walk your self through the life of the particle.......

But, ultimately, there is a lot to be said for just relaxing prior to class......

I agree with the others, just relax. You don't want to be burned out before you start. The people who find it difficult in class are the ones who don't study during their training. Show up fresh and be ready to learn, then study like crazy during your training. It will be fun and not as hard as you thought. If you got to do something, look over the regs part 25, 91, 121, AIM, and review basic instrument procedures about 10 minutes a day. Do a relaxed study until school starts then get serious. Good Luck and have fun learning.

Latest resources

Back