Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flydog

As Flydog aply points out, you do not have to be an AEPS member. There are all kinds of ways to advance your cause at any of these companies.

Be the bosses son,

Have rec letters from the last three chief pilots,

Marry the chief pilots daughter

Buy the airline

Good timing

Sheer luck

I keep my main point, they, AEPS, power the system which may be ahint that Colgan uses it a bit.

Redsoxfan,

I got a phone call after simply sending in a resume the old fashioned way. It took about a month.

Disregard those on this site that say you must be an AEPS member. I'm not and I got the call.

Good Luck

Abe

You DO NOT have to be a AEPS member to get hired. You will however, have to join them IF hired, for the time it takes to get your background check done... Usually 2 months.

thanks for the help. It took about 1 1/2 months for the call. just simply faxed them a resume and got the call. hope this helps someone else.

fax (703) 393-9507
Attn: Kim Jennings

OK COLGAN SUCKS

CAN'T LEAVE US HANGING WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT
NOW CAN U? LETS HAVE THE DIRT IF YOU HAVE IT, I ALSO
HATED ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUT EVERYONE HAD TO GO
TO GET TO HIGH SCHOOL! THX

The truth about Colgan.

If you can stay away from that place, do it. They give a bad name to all 121 operations. The guys
who are writing back to you aren't telling you
the truth of things...they scam on the pay...
planes break down so often...few kids are running
the show down in VA...ex-cheif pilot, chief pilot, DO, are bunch of ill fated peolpe. If you go,
watch your ass..its your license. Good luck.

They give a bad name to all 121 operations

How is that?

they scam on the pay

Meaning what? Explain yourself here...

few kids are running the show down in VA...ex-cheif pilot, chief pilot, DO, are bunch of ill fated peolpe.

Who are the few kids running the show? Do you even know who the new CP is or what he's about?

planes break down so often

Won't argue with that one..

The place certainty isn't a poster child for a perfect operation. To say that they give a bad name to all 121 operations is far from the truth. I'm not a spokesperson for Colgan, but it's not that bad a place to work. We have our share of problems here, but from reading posts about other carriers, they don't appear to be problems specific to Colgan. We are a non union family owned business.

Albotross either worked, works, or was rejected by Colgan and feels very strongly against the company. It takes an awful lot to get fired here, so maybe that's where his or her gripe comes from..

In the year + I've been with the company, not one pilot has been violated by the FAA for anything other than knowingly violating the 34/7 rule.

Go to the interview and make your own decision. The type of flying, and aircraft used are not for everyone. If you're looking for some excellent experience this is a good place to be. We're adding 4 "D" models to the fleet in the coming weeks..

Latest resources

Back