Class Delay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Spoke to a Cpt on my jumpseat who just came from doing his annual checkride & was told by training the April 25 new hire class will be delayed. Don't have anymore info on when they will resume or if it is just for 1 two wee period or what. I'll get confirmation info on Friday when I talk to chief pilot. Check airman meeting going on today & tomorrow, probably lots of info to come out of it. Will pass on what I hear. Hate to post negative news but I defaulted to passing it on so folks can make plans in case of worse case situation.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Chase.....we'd rather hear about it sooner than later.

Glad to be here all the same...I'm here for the long haul.

A few small questions....

Hello Chase, and thanks for the info.

I look forward to your Friday post. One thing I'd like to know is, is this delay the result of a training backlog, like the earlier shift from 26 to 20 students per class, or is there another fundamental reason for the change? Do you think this information will be available from the Friday meeting?

I stand on the cusp of winning the April 11th lottery according to the Sayers of Sooth on the list , :) but the Class Formerly Known as April 25th looms large as well, for me and for the other kind and patient treaders of water. Any further info, good or bad, would be appreciated.

As I said in another post, maybe I'll just head out to Germany for a little more AF fun in April.

Cheers!:rolleyes:

HPaul3,

Don't have an answer to your question. As Jenn, Heather, etc. all say everytime anyone calls, the news/decisions are made well above their pay grade & they aren't informed as to the why's/wherefores......they are the last to know in terms of the decision tree. I'll see what I can find out but my next post on the subject (unless something comes through today) won't be until I return from my trip that starts Friday. Sorry for the wait. I don't carry a computer on the road. I generally don't bother the folks in the PD about these kind of questions because they often just aren't informed as to the "why's" on things, sometimes they are.

I'll post as soon as I get back. Who knows, things may just as well have changed by now back to the other way! SWA prides itself on being able to change/move on a dime when opportunities present themselves. While it isn't easy to be one of the folks on the outside waiting to get inside, this situation demonstrates clearly why SWA doesn't notifiy folks a long way in advance about classes (we don't like promising something & then not delivering). Wishing everyone a safe, enjoyable weekend, God Bless, spend time with the family & enjoy them. cheers

Hopefully they are just trying to stay flexible while waiting on the quarterly financial results. Last quarter about the time the results were released they added two classes (one only two weeks later!) and upped the class size from 20 to 26.

Things can (and do) change very quickly, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it... yet.

Thanks for the updates Chase!

T1bubba

Thanks Chase!!

Hey Chase,

Thanks for the info. Nice to know someone cares about (and remembers) what it's like to be on the outside looking in.

As I've written before, I'm just happy to be here.

The stress of preparing for, then interviewing and then waiting for the DB is still peeling off, even now 1 month after I got the call.

The hard part is staying ocuppied and not fixating on every nuance of this process.

Catch ya later

flighinfo.com weblist insanity

Chase,

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Have a good trip. I think I'll unplug this monstrosity and go clean the garage like I've been threatening to do for the last few days. Much more of this and I'll have to go check into the Betty Ford clinic.

Cheers!
HP

info on class delay

One of my contacts from management told me today that the April 11 class was cancelled but they were still planning to have one class in April, but it was not confirmed. They will decide next week if it will happen or not. (More time to deliver Pizza's). Hope my next post will be better news.

JM

JM left a voice message Thurs (in response to a message I left her Tues). I had mentioned the rumors we had been hearing regarding classes.

Paraphrased:

"We did just recently hear that we are only going to conduct one class in April. After that we really don't know what will happen. We expect we're going to hear from flight ops on a month to month basis."

:(

Latest resources

Back