Citizen Navihawk Watch - help please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

datafox

I know that many pilots have the Citizen Navihawk watch, that is why I'm posting on this board.

Recently, my watch started acting funny. It began to reset itself and not keep time properly. I assumed that it needed a new battery.

The new battery has been installed, and the LCD display is functioning. However, the watch is "frozen" (meaning the LCD display or the analog clock does not move and keep time).

Is there any button <or> a series of buttons I must press to get the watch working again, or is there something more serious wrong with it?

Thanks.

Well you have a few choices. From the sound of it they goofed the reset of the watch after they installed the battery. The Navihawk has a weird 3 step process to reset the watch inside the back cover that the battery installer has to use. If it wasn't a certified Citizen watch dealer that did the installation they probably fudged it.

You can take the watch to a certified Citizen watch dealer who will have a certified jeweler on site who can reset it. CAUTION! Some of these dealer will attempt to sell you a new watch and tell you it's not fixable. They're wrong.

You can send the watch to Citizen in California. WARNING! Do NOT send the watch to the Atlanta repair center - they are NOT Citizen, they're an "authorized repair center" which means they like to sell parts and tell you those parts aren't covered under warranty.

If it's been more than 3 years since you bought the watch, you are out of warrantee and it might be cheaper to buy a new one on eBay (About $150). Or invest in the new Skyhawk - that's what I did and sold my Navihawk on eBay.

Good luck,

-PI-

I had one of those citizen watches. What a pain in the a-- to reset that thing. It also needed a new battery every year.

My advice. Sell it or throw it in the trash and spend $25.00 on a sport watch or timex. They all do the same thing. Tell time.

I also have a navihawk and have experienced the same problem with it resetting itself. It does it about once a month. Thank you PilotIntel for the heads-up and info. I never knew there was a 3 step process to reset the watch on the inside. I figured you just popped the back cover off and swapped batteries. This watch has been pretty troublesome. In addition to resetting itself, the mode button sticks in between modes. It looks like a nice watch and alot of people comment how nice it looks but it's a little bit of a pain to own it. In fact, whenever someone asks me about it I steer them clear of this watch. Someday I'll be able to afford a nice Breitling. In the meantime, I'm shelving my Citizen and using my $19.95 Timex w/indiglo so that I can actually tell what time it is in the dark.

I have had mine for about 4 months and I havn't had a problem. But I guess I can look forward to this little mishaps.

I've had one for over 2 years and I have never had to replace the battery. In fact the only problem I've had is the pin that keeps the band attached has broken twice!

Latest resources

Back