Citation Shares--Pilot Life??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lr23sic

How is pilot life at CS? How much flying do you do per week? How is Dispatching done? Which airplane is the highest in demand for flying? I got a call from Dan Smith today, we did the phone interview, he said that they might call to schedule an interview. Is this good or bad? do they normally offer a date on the phone? Thanks for any info

Tom

Just curious, how long after you filled out the application on line and sent in your resume did he call you with the phone interview? I am just trying to figure out a time period

Thanks

Thanks,
I guess it took about 2 months or so. Could you let me know what types of questions you were asked? you can P.M. them to me if that would be better, since they are still fresh in your head.

Thanks

He asked a lot of questions about Jepp charts. What is the MSA Radi? During a Circle what is the protected Distance. Things like that. Then some general questions about the airplane I am flying. General get to know me questions. He was a very nice guy to talk with. He gave me info on CS pay and benies. It was a positive experence, I am hoping I get a call to go up to NY for a one on one. Only time will tell. I am keeping my fingers crossed..

Tom

Seems like a great company. I have talked with some of their pilots on the road - all seemed quite happy with the flying. Looks like CS might order some Citation Sovereigns in the coming months. They have some great equipment and have very good route variety.

Good luck

But they absolutely FORCE you to live within 90 minutes of your domicile. You must show proof of residence. No commuting. No crashpads, etc. Be ready to accept these terms if you are interested in employment there. No exceptions...(except of course, those exceptions they have already made for some).

Last edited:
I don't get it how can they force me to live at a location? With cell phones these days they can't prove what country i'm in.

I know they must show proof of residence but how about a crashpad?

Also how are some guys grandfathered in? As long as your there in 90 minutes who cares right?

They care, big time. Just ask them. If they have reason to believe you are not living in your domicile, they will ask for proof. Drivers license, etc. They have done this with many, and threatened termination if you are not in compliance with this policy. Hey, it's their company and they make the rules. You either play by their rules, or you don't play. As for the "grandfathering", they seem to make up those rules, too. Think hard about it, to see if this sounds like a policy and a company you can be happy with.

I have a buddy who works there, and thankfully (for him) they eventually opened PHX. They had no bases in the West, but now they have a few.

Last edited:
c/s

I went to an interview in July, everything that I saw was first class. Although I did not get the job I can not see anything but a great place to work. Would have loved to get on. Mobie

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back