Cincinatti Crashpad

bluestuck

Total Time
I'm looking to see what kind of crashpads are available at CVG. Poor, broke F/O coming back from furlough displaced from his home in Pitt, needs a new CHEAP crashpad!!!

Thanx

Lindy

Total Time
I can't help you with the crashpad info.....

Congratulations on being called back from furlough!!

ShaftedbyJI

Total Time
Hey Bluestuck,

I am heading out to CVG tomorrow to start class and will be looking for a crashpad as well. Send me a private message, I would be interested in chatting w/ you. Shafted

bluestuck

Total Time
I havn't been able to figure out how to post private messages yet. Are you starting at Comair???

328dude

Still turning two
Total Time
??????
Hey man:

Congrats on being recalled. Things are getting very interesting at PSA, the first results will be seen in January.

ShaftedbyJI

Total Time
Yeah, I start on Wed. they only give us 7 days of hotel so I have to find a place pretty quick.... When you figure out how to check your private messages you should have one from me w/ my email address on it..... Shafted

superfly

Total Time
lots
Back to work!

Hey dude,

( was be02plt in a past life) I spoke with some former JIers and I guess Comair has hired a bunch of y'all. ACA cancelled a couple of class dates so I am waiting to start with EJA in Jan. Are they giving you guys a short course or is it the whole deal? How long did the furlough from Comair last?

It still looks as if Midway will start up again so don't plan on getting vacation, sick time or severance pay. Just bend over and take one for the team.

Have fun with the RJ and say hi to fellow Midway guys and gals.

skydiverdriver

Total Time
5000+
I have a crashpad in CVG. Must be a non-smoker, commuter pilot (this is a pilot who lives out of his base), neat and respectful of others. Please send me a private message. Thanks.

skyslug

Oops!
Total Time
>8000
crashpad

Email me, Got room at my place for crashpad users.
Should add also, non-smoking. Easy on the pocketbook too!

Last edited:

ShaftedbyJI

Total Time
JI

JI is the abbreviation for Midway. It originated from Jet Express in Chicago I believe, Midway bought their operating certificate and moved the operation to RDU. It stuck ever since...... Shafted

ps. do you still have that crashpad available????

skydiverdriver

Total Time
5000+
Yeah, I've been meaning to call you. Just a suggestion, please use codes that most people know. I've been involved in aviation for over twenty years, and I have never heard of ji, and some of the other ones people use. I guess that is unless you only want people who worked there to know what you're talking about. Just a suggestion.

Sabre60

Total Time
skydiverdriver said:
Yeah, I've been meaning to call you. Just a suggestion, please use codes that most people know. I've been involved in aviation for over twenty years, and I have never heard of ji, and some of the other ones people use. I guess that is unless you only want people who worked there to know what you're talking about. Just a suggestion.
The JI designation is just a leftover from the days that Midway was known as JET EXPRESS in Chicago. When the airline was brought to RDU, only the airline name changed but not the JI designation.

ILS2DH

Total Time
5000+
I'm headed to CVG Jan 2nd and will be needing a crashpad and an airport car. Please send me a message if you can help.

Shafted, Comair only pays for 7 days in the hotel?

Thanks.

ShaftedbyJI

Total Time
CVG Hotel

ILS2DH,

We were the last class that Comair provided 10 days of hotel accommodations. Subsequent classes are now only given 7 days of hotel due to all the cost cutting measures.....

Shafted

izapilot2

Total Time
comair class date?

I was wondering when the February class date was. If anyone knows please let me know. thanks