Chinese LCCs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

Just idle curiosity from the sidelines. No knowledge or opinion on the subject implied or expressed:

The ads by Chinese airlines for experienced pilots are numerous and seemingly perpetual. I can only assume this indicates a continuing demand yet to be satisfied ?

If there's such a big unfulfilled need for pilots ( shortage ? ) in China, how is Chinese airline, Juneyao, able to start a LCC version of itself and buy 50 airplanes ? They must've asked themselves who'll fly those airplanes, right ?

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/jiuyuan-airlines-commits-to-50-737s-399234/

Hence salaries to fly narrow bodies up to $23,000 net....! But they need to realize that along with pay, they need to bring QOL up to par with other contracts...., 12-14 days off and business class commute, then the applications will start pouring in, specially from the ME...!

Last edited:
Just idle curiosity from the sidelines. No opinion or knowledge on the subject implied or expressed:

So, there are sufficient numbers available of what's requested in the recruitment ads by Chinese airlines but they're awaiting better pay plus T&Cs before stepping forward ? Or is the supply already insufficient overall and the airlines will just poach each others pilots using ever higher pay as bait ?

Doesn't somebody still end up short eventually ?

Every time I think that the 320 pilot pool has dried up and there are no more guys that will come here I am always wrong. There is always an airline somewhere in the world closing down or furloughing it's pilots. Does every Mexican have a 320 rating(sarcasm), Europeans, South Americans, now the Russians are showing up. My airline has no incentive to give us a raise. I don't understand why guys are coming here when there are 4/5 other places offering more money and more time off.

Just idle curiosity from the sidelines. No opinion or knowledge on the subject implied or expressed:

FO supply not as much an issue ?

Russians have been hitting the expat market lately, for the first time in history there has been approval for an expat pilot contract in Russia....! But they will encounter the same problem than everybody else, T&C'S and QOL...!

A small turn in the tide ? Calling all CRJ captains ?:

B737NG NTR Program (CRJ, EMB 190 and ERJ 145 Captains)

China Aviation will conduct interviews in the USA during April
for CRJ, ERJ170/175/190 and EMB145 Captains to upgrade to the B737NG (PAID BY THE AIRLINE). The positions will be based in Guangzhou, China with 9Air Airlines.

The compensation (net amount received by pilot after taxes are paid in China by the airline) is either $23,000 USD per month for Option A (50 days of annual leave) or $20,000 USD per month for Option B (work 6 weeks and off for 2 weeks) or Option C (work 6 week and off for 3 weeks).

If you have at least 600 PIC hours in the ERJ170/175/190, EMB135/145 or CRJ; current within 12 months on type and between the ages of 30 and 53, please send us the following information:

Name: ___________________

Phone Number: __________
(include country code)

ERJ170/175/190 PIC Hours: _____

EMB135/145 PIC Hours: _______

CRJ PIC Hours: _______

Email us at [email protected] to arrange your interview

Act now and complete our 2 minute Quick Application at www.chinaaviation.hk

china-aviation.gif

With over 20 years of experience in China, China Aviation is your fastest option to fly in China.

Anyone fly/flew for Eva Air in Taiwan.... curious of their experiences and QOL in Taiwan.

Latest resources

Back