• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chill out Delta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It happened not too far from the infamous NWA crew that was "arguing over a new scheduling software" while they overflew their destination. So the media was consumed with that issue.

It was ASAP'd by the DAL crew, not sure if there was any retraining involved.

Sad, but true. Had it been a regional crew that talked to the controller like that, the "experts" would have ranted and raved about how unprofessional regional pilots are.

Again, a true statement. AGAIN, the view of the "experts" is that since it was legacy crew and there was no bent metal or a body count, it's perceived as OK. Because, again, they're legacy pilots. They're allowed to do such things.

The same point stands, had it been a regional crew, we would never hear the end of it. Just like CAL crew that landed on taxi way Zulu in EWR, the UAL crew that almost hit mountain, the AA crew that almost stalled an Airbus going into holding. Legacy pilots are held to a different/more forgiving standard when they completely fukc something up..........

Looks like you better get hired quick at a legacy before you hit front page news! Thanks for all your insight though, you jealous dooosh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Eh
Back to the thread-
Often major pilots SA is pretty bad in the terminal area-

I honestly believe every ex mil pilot would benefit from a year or two in the right seat at a regional-
Been arguing that for years-

If you haven't done this civilian world- you haven't done it. Probably aren't qualified for the top of the food chain civilian job.

Eh

I honestly believe every ex mil pilot would benefit from a year or two in the right seat at a regional-
Been arguing that for years-
Where are mil pilots going straight to the left seat without getting a couple years in the right seat? That doesn't even happen at our place. BTW I think all civilian pilots would benefit from going through a military flight program, it would eliminate the weak ones.

BTW I think all civilian pilots would benefit from going through a military flight program, it would eliminate the weak ones.

Slow over on the major board yippy? Go back to your cave old man. Military flight training, while excellent, is not required to weed out the weak sisters. A good training department can do it. Besides, eventually there may be less numbers of military pilots in the future with drones.

Slow over on the major board yippy? Go back to your cave old man. Military flight training, while excellent, is not required to weed out the weak sisters. A good training department can do it. Besides, eventually there may be less numbers of military pilots in the future with drones.
Yes good training dept can do that, but a lot of places don't have those kind of training depts and bottom feeders like us have to take what we can gt. In 17 years one mil guy has not made it through training, wash out rate on civilian about 5%, which out of 434 hired over the last 17 yeras makes it about 21 civies conpared to 1 mil back ground. Now I will say we have almost the same success with previous 121 guys as we do with mil, but the 135/91 world is a whoooooole different ball game. BTW the guys on the major board tell me F' off I am not a major pilot.

Yes good training dept can do that, but a lot of places don't have those kind of training depts and bottom feeders like us have to take what we can gt. In 17 years one mil guy has not made it through training, wash out rate on civilian about 5%, which out of 434 hired over the last 17 yeras makes it about 21 civies conpared to 1 mil back ground. Now I will say we have almost the same success with previous 121 guys as we do with mil, but the 135/91 world is a whoooooole different ball game. BTW the guys on the major board tell me F' off I am not a major pilot.

In my opinion the bourdon for training and experience should lie with the company and the FAA with strict monitoring from the FAA to make sure it's happening. All 121 carriers should be held to the same standard.

Latest resources

Back