• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

checklist for success

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a word - Yes It is one of the better books I've read that helps you get focused on obtaining the interview and doing well once you get there.

Checklist for Success worked for me at a regional of my choice. It really preps you for interview and if you use it to prepare yourself, it'll help you greatly. You'll find common mistakes people make while interviewing and them giving you tips and pointers how to reply to questions and what exactly are the interviewers looking for. Good thing about it is that it's intended for pilots.

Another thing to look at is Technical Guide to Airline Interviews.
Great review and prep for technical portions of the interview.

Irv Jasinski

Another terrific book is Airline Pilot Interviews : How You Can Succeed in Getting Hired by Irv Jasinski, ISBN: 0942195019. I must have read it 10 times. Cost is something like $15. Irv provides great insights into the hiring process and good advice. I recommend this book highly.

When I first cracked it open, it reminded me of those term papers I used to write back in college. You know--when you didn't quite use up enough pages, so you went into the Page Layout section of Word to increase the margins a bit; maybe enlarge the font to a 15 while you're at it, too? I couldn't believe I had paid almost an hours wage to buy it. If Cheryl Cage had written this book in a normal font, devoid of sentences which annoyingly re-cap an adjacent short, short paragraph, and margins wider than the Grand Canyon, it would MAYBE fill five pages.

However . . . once I read it, I found the info therein to be concise, focused and highly effective. It is a powerful (if overpriced) tool to get your mind filled with all your "stories." Do the exercises and you will be ready to answer any question thrown at you.

I just don't see why Cheryl Cage has to make us think her essay is a book.

Latest resources

Back