• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chataqua background story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh no sweat. I wasn't trying to be the accuracy nazi or anything, I just wasn't sure. It wouldn't be the first time I was horribly off base!! :)

Dav8r

Most Hated Airline
1. We are most hated by AE who say the flying out of STL belongs to them because they are owned by AA even though CHQ started the routes under TWE"

Eagle pilots don't hate you guys. It is just that we signed a 16 year contract in 1997 to combine all the eagles and have all the flying performed by us. Now the company is violating that contract with CHQ and TSA. We are seeing CHQ and TSA prosper at our expense. It is nothing personal between the pilots so please don't spread those rumors around as our MEC has continuosly said that our fight is not with the pilots but our own management.

I beleive you are wrong... it had nothing to do with field lengths and the CRJ. We practiced during LOFTs last year doing V1 cuts at Washington National which is approx the same field length as Key West. It was well known that we planned to eventually fly the 50 seater (lightly loaded) out of there.

What it had to do with is the fact that Comair pilots refused to take a lower pay rate for our CRJ 40 seaters. It pays the same as the 50, as it is the same airframe with seats pulled out. I have no idea what CHQ pay rates are, but I wonder if the ERJ-35 pays less than the 45?????

What it comes down to is Delta could make more money with the Comair CRJs elsewhere and use a low cost carrier to preserve their FL feed and marketshare. Whether they make money at it is another question... I think they are just trying to preserve marketshare in FL and prevent someone else from moving in.

Latest resources

Back