Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
Has anyone here changed Fedex feeder companies like from Empire or Baron to Mountain Air Cargo or Wiggins. I assume you would have to start at the new company on the bottom of the payscale say for a caravan driver. Just curious, thanks,

If you change from any other feeder to EA you will start at the bottom with your pay reflected accordingly with your aircraft and senority. Just liek any other newhire. This is just for EA I believe. If you move from an EA caravan to an EA 121 aircraft you can retain your 135 senority number in the 121 aircraft. But you'd be still limited with your pay being what a FO with your senority gets.

I think that Baron has an agreement with MAC that if you got to a position of SIC on the 121 side you can retain your pay from Baron. It's been awhile since I've heard any talk about this but if I remember right this is how it works. I haven't heard about any other feeders.

Ref

i know a guy who went from one to the other in the van and he got to keep his pay the same for the amount of years he has been there. although not all companies pay the same so you might be loosing money.

I summon this thread from the dead!

I have a sort of time-critical request. It looks like I'm about to get the can from CHQ training. Without getting in to why (yes, it's my fault), from what I've seen, the passenger side is not for me. I've about 2800TT/250 multi, about half of it at FLX. I had a great time flying boxes and the FLX management guys will write me a good recommendation, I'm sure (if there were any sort of future in it, I'd go back there). All that said, what are the current job prospects with a FedEx feeder? I'd like to stay in the midwest, if that's at all possible. Is Baron hiring? MAC? I live in STL, so in the best of all possible worlds, I'd like to stay there, but I'm realistic...

This is really a sort of open-ended request. What are the options for a guy with my times that would keep me in this general area? TSA is the one job I'll veto out of hand...I know guys who have been there and I'd rather flip burgers.

Thanks in advance,
Boris

It's your lucky day

Baron and Mountain air cargo are looking for pilot's right now. I believe all the fedex feeders are hiring, from your friendly neighborhood feeder pilot.

You can get on with MAC and get a floater position out f IND or MEM. Close enough from STL to drive home on weekends.

How about MU2 or 99 type cargo flying? I know we had a guy go to a 99 operator out of MKE. Bankair? Air 1st? ACT? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back