Change in IBT1108 leadership at Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fresh Air

Yesterday the results of the 2014 local 1108 elections were posted. Challengers Vojta and Denison will assume the offices of President and Vice President, and challenger Martin will become a Trustee beside incumbents Katai and Barclay.

Those who supported the challengers hope that the new leadership will be able to forge a less confrontational relationship with Flight Options management than currently exists, allowing for more progress to be made in the furtherance of the represented pilots' interests.

Whether or not FO management will be willing to embrace this change and start working together with the 1108 remains to be seen.

Excellent,

First order of business for the new leadership suggestion:

Get off your collective bargaining asses, start a campaign blitz directed at the FlexJet pilots ( who by the way are beginning to remove the koolaid colored glasses ) and petition the NMB for a single carrier status determination. Let's get this bulls&@! over and done with. Mr. Ricci's had the ball long enough, our defense is getting worn out. Time for some offense don't ya think?

"Less confrontational"????? Holy crap...please look at what happen to NJASAP based on those that ran, and were elected, with the same mantra.., those 9 are running for cover now!!!!'
Mention their names to current membership, and their skin crawls...

You're doomed to years of battles now....

Good luck

History repeats itself....too bad you didn't learn from our almost catastrophic mistakes.

Last edited:
forge a less confrontational relationship

if that was the case, then you wouldnt need a union in the first place.

Managment would gladly accept your offer to work for free.

Excellent,

First order of business for the new leadership suggestion:

Get off your collective bargaining asses, start a campaign blitz directed at the FlexJet pilots ( who by the way are beginning to remove the koolaid colored glasses ) and petition the NMB for a single carrier status determination. Let's get this bulls&@! over and done with. Mr. Ricci's had the ball long enough, our defense is getting worn out. Time for some offense don't ya think?

Yeah that should not be your first priory. i literally don't know of one Flexjet pilot who wants to merge the pilot groups. It would be a bad idea to try that anytime soon, or until the flex pilots come asking for it. You guys can keep your union and do your thing and we will do ours. Your first priority should be a better contract. Thats obviously good for everyone in this industry.

Yeah that should not be your first priory. i literally don't know of one Flexjet pilot who wants to merge the pilot groups. It would be a bad idea to try that anytime soon, or until the flex pilots come asking for it. You guys can keep your union and do your thing and we will do ours. Your first priority should be a better contract. Thats obviously good for everyone in this industry.

JM is actually one of ours. He is a CL300 captain.

He probably feels he is senior enough to not be affected by a seniority integration.

So, unfortunately, there are a few at FJ that want the integration. They just aren't thining of the pilot group as a whole.

Wow. Well I guess I stand corrected. One Flexjet pilot wants integration. I can't for the life of me figure out why...

Wow. Well I guess I stand corrected. One Flexjet pilot wants integration. I can't for the life of me figure out why...

Isn't the intergration already taking place on KR's terms?

If any flight option pilots want to go over to Flex they just put their name in for a LOA. Then they are able to form a dedicated crew and jump into a Cl350 or later into a G500.

Without a contract he can fill those seats anyway he wants to either with FO pilots or off the street. That is just one of the reason the FO pilots wanted a union to prevent those games.

Isn't the intergration already taking place on KR's terms?

If any flight option pilots want to go over to Flex they just put their name in for a LOA. Then they are able to form a dedicated crew and jump into a Cl350 or later into a G500.

Without a contract he can fill those seats anyway he wants to either with FO pilots or off the street. That is just one of the reason the FO pilots wanted a union to prevent those games.

Exactly right!

Why so many cannot see what's really happening is mind boggling and rather disappointing.

Latest resources

Back