• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change in CX interview Process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bump. My buddy interviews there soon and his interview is stateside. Any news on that "single HK interview" idea?

Deleted....

Airlinepilotpay.com says that CX pays per diem in local currency upon check-in, what is the amount in US dollars?

The retirement fund can be taken in 15.5% in extra pay (correct me if Im wrong here), if one is to chose this option, does CX provide some sort of 401K sponsorship (not 401k matching, just pre-tax deposits) for tax shelter? Or do most guys just roll the after tax into a ROTH IRA and the rest in a bunch of other stuff? Thanks

Airlinepilotpay.com says that CX pays per diem in local currency upon check-in, what is the amount in US dollars?

The retirement fund can be taken in 15.5% in extra pay (correct me if Im wrong here), if one is to chose this option, does CX provide some sort of 401K sponsorship (not 401k matching, just pre-tax deposits) for tax shelter? Or do most guys just roll the after tax into a ROTH IRA and the rest in a bunch of other stuff? Thanks
Time for a career change already mofo?

First off, be careful looking at the pay on Airlinepilotpay. Im not sure what PAX pay that displays. I can tell you it is not the USAB "B" scale that many of us are employed under (prior to joining jan08). It looks like the new conditions of service (cos08=pay cut) but im not sure. Freighter pay has been increased by a whopping 3% from the figures shown.

"Allowances" are given in cash upon check in to the Hotel. It is in local currency based on the costs of meals, laundry etc. in the hotel. For instance, a 48HR stay in NYC is roughly 240.00 USD. You won't see 240 USD for 48 hours in JoBurg.

You are also paid "duty pay" which is based on the flight hours flown up to 84 hours. Right now it works out around another 400-600 USD a month depending on what you did.

Your question regarding the 15.5% payout totally depends on what job you are interviewing for. For S/O's you have only 2 P-Fund options to invest in and no cash option. If you are a DEFO, then the cash option is available. Most guys take the cash and do their own investing.

Last edited:
Time for a career change already mofo?

Hey man, why are you lurking here?! Is Indo not enough for you? Dude, you know that so-called job that I have, everything is all good except its day to day. How are you spending your days these days? I envy you! Good to hear from you though.

ERJ, thanks for you inputs, always! Cheers

Latest resources

Back