Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

InstructorPuke

Jester's Dead!!
Like many others on this site, I too am a EJ wanna be. The question that I have is this. Would a Flight Instructor such as myself, with some part 121 experience, have a snowballs chance at EJ. I have several contacts within the company on my side but as of yet, has gotten me nada. Total time is 3100 and 720 ME. Opinions are more then welcome.

Every day you waste asking others their opinion on wether you are EJA qualified is a seniority number you are pissing away

Send in the app and let EJA make the decision on wether you have a chance

it's all about attitude. 14 years ago i had 2200hrs/500multi and was hired.

i tell people it's kind of like a southwest interview - come prepared to answer questions AND come prepare to have fun! we're looking for people who will interact with the pax ok, good cust svc skills, think on their feet, do the unexpected, etc.

if you have the minimums, definitely try! and re-try every six months if you don't make it. persistance will pay off. like flydog said above, every month you wait you're passing up dozens of seniority numbers. seniority (and the union) is everything!

I totally agree witht he last few posters. When I was hired by EJA I had less than 3000 total time and I submitted my application post 9-11 and I didn't have any "contacts" inside the company. To be honest, I was surprised that I got the interview and when I did interview I was the odd man there. Nevertheless, I was hired and there were guys there that had 5X my experience that didn't get hired.

Keep plugging away and you will get there. Best of luck.

I was hired in may had a June indoc date last year with 2600hr total when i was interviewed.
I agree with the previous apply for the jobs you whant, not just the ones that you think you can get. You have the hrs so make the call fill out the application, it will take a little time even with inside help.
You have just as much chance as everyone else. Attitude about this type of flying is a hugh part of it. Once your on the line its a good deal. and in a little while it will be better!!!!

Latest resources

Back