cfi rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cordova1

I am a recently un employed corperate pilot. I still have a current cfi. A friend asked if I would do some trainning for him. I have not instructed in 7, years and I was curious what I should charge. The rating he is going for is CFI if that makes a difference. Thanks

Whatever you think you are worth.

I would charge no less than $35 per hour, but that just me. So start at $75 and negotiate down from there.

...I see lots of big iron there, Cap'n. Been in a small airplane lately? You said it's been 7 years, and the CFI is all about little airplane flying, nothin' about big airplanes or airline stuff. ...might wanna consider your actual value as a CFI instructor if you havn't been active in GA.

...might wanna consider your actual value as a CFI instructor if you havn't been active in GA.

I second that opinion- last year I did some CFI'ing during the summer; it's been 4 years since I logged any "dual given" time, and it took quite a while to get proficient enough to be able to charge what I wanted, and not feel like I was ripping off my students.

Once I regained some semblance of proficiency, however, I raised my rates.

Latest resources

Back