• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CE-500 Type Rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CE525 type through Flight Safety is between 18 and 20K...

English,
Thanks for the reply. Just got offered a job and working on negotiations.

Excel

Sorry, guys, the Excel is a different type rating... not included in the CE 500 Type rating.

That would be a C56X type.

Not to be picky, but when I mentioned the Excel I was responding to "Jetz" list of all Cessna Citation types. (he forgot to include the Excel) But you're right, the Excel is a totally different type: CE-560XL.

I could be wrong, but with a CE500 type and with no "SP" you can still fly single pilot so long as it's in a 501 or 551 which are certified as single pilot aircraft irrespective of pilot.

V70T5 said:
I could be wrong, but with a CE500 type and with no "SP" you can still fly single pilot so long as it's in a 501 or 551 which are certified as single pilot aircraft irrespective of pilot.

Actually BOTH the aircraft AND the pilot must be certified for single pilot operation....

I thought so too, but tell that to the ICT FSDO, and the check airman at FSI, they insisted to me that this is not the case. They said the SP rating on the pilot was only so that he can fly the CE500, 550 and 560, and not the 501 or 551...I'll have to write FAA in OKC on this to get a final answer I guess or better yet call Cessna.

single pilot ops

I'm hearing the same thing as V70T5. Simuflite in DAL told a bud of mine the same thing about the 551, no SP requirement for the pilot, only the type since the original certification for that particular plane is single pilot. I believe the LIT FSDO agreed when he called to confirm. This was a newsflash for me, learning every day.

I called Cessna, and they too confirmed it. They said that FAA agrees with this set up but most insurance wants an SP rated pilot. Myself, SP rated or not, I would never fly a turbojet airplane into a busy major airport or even a busy airspace like NY approach without an FO....(or Captain) along.

Wow... this is interesting, is there a such thing as an "SP" rating for the pilot? If there is, whats it's purpose since it appears it isn't necessary?

Like you said, learning everyday!

Fly Safe!

Latest resources

Back