cargo jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

offline-js

I usually travel real late at night. Since Fedex/UPS aren't an option anymore, which cargo airlines are reciprocating?

recently spoke to a 47 captain I met in ARB while on a trip, exchanged numbers and he said it would be absolutely no problem whatsoever to j/s on them as long as you had a company photo ID, Lic, medical and other proper documentation was brought along. However he could not "guarentee" that other company pilots would authorize or "allow" this which made me wonder what the probability of getting "stranded" would be IF he was not the captain on the return trip..I think this whole j/s issue is different depending on what the captain will "allow" or let slide..

cheers

so, who does he fly a 74 for? Do you think he was worried that he might lose all of his certificates for breaking the law? I don't think riding on the frieghters is going to be possible before we get some kind of national pilot ID.

AirNet Express has a nationwide route structure that flies mostly during the night. We have 2 jumpseats in all the Lears and one seat in the props. Our hub is in Columbus, OH and you can get to most major cities from there. We have reciprocal agreements with all the major airlines and most of the commuters. All you need to do to find a flight is call 1-800-999-1201 hit option 4 then option 1 for flight dispatch. We also have a route schedule and map at www.airnet.com under "operations"

To my knowledge their is only "1" 747 operator based out of michigan who specializes in "INTL freight".....Anyways I am unsure why he was so free to offer this and possibly he was not serious with his offer since I have yet to call him to take him up on this. I am not sold however that this could be considered "breaking the law" if he would allow a 135 pilot with a company photo ID as well as all other required credentials to "prove" that the person attempting to j/s is legit. To my knowledge their is absolutely NO FAR that "forbids" a 135 pilot from doing something to this extent, I believe it would be more of a "company regulation" in which I doubt that the pilots certificates could be revoked although this is "MY" opinion nothing more, nothing less...

cheers

AirNet Express. They are a bunch of great people. Find the flights oline, call dispatch and they'll hook you up. Very casual and VEEEERY friendly. Careful, though, cause the Lear flies full, so you may get bumped. The jumpseat folds to a small bed.
Make sure to bring earplugs (and some snacks for the flightcrew, since ther is no catering).

350DRIVER said:
To my knowledge their is absolutely NO FAR that "forbids" a 135 pilot from doing something to this extent, I believe it would be more of a "company regulation" in which I doubt that the pilots certificates could be revoked although this is "MY" opinion nothing more, nothing less...

FYI, our operations manual forbids JS to 135 and 121 carriers who are not on the list. The manual is approved by the FAA so it becomes a "pseudo FAR" and is enforced as such by the FAA.

In theory there could be certificate action breaking a company regulation pertaining to flight operations.

Latest resources

Back