Career Advice!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetBlast2000

I’ve got the option to fly a King Air (I think a 90B) part 91 about 200-400 hrs/yr. Salary would be more than my present job and better lifestyle. I would also have the option to do some contract work for another company with a C421 (if things work out…). So, BEST-case scenario is part time King Air and Part time C421 corporate charter work in SoCal. Or do I stay at my current 135 job, which I like, flying 800-1000 hrs/yr.

If I was in SoCal, I could continue to look for the next job a lot easier than where I’m currently based (mid-west).

Untimely, most of my family is in SoCal. So I’m leaning heavily towards the job, even if it paid less than my current job. But it would be nice to get some input from those with more experience in the industry.

Thanks,

JB2k

What do you want to do?

What is your career goal?

JetBlast2000 said:
I’ve got the option to fly a King Air (I think a 90B)
haha...so is it a C90, C90A, C90B, C90-1, C90SE, E90, F90, F90-1, perhaps even an A90, or the one-of-a-kind G90. but not to worry, i wont even bother to list the military versions ;)

dude, you didn't say what you are flying now. If you are flying pistons now, and need some turbine time, I would surely go with the king air job. But if you REALLY like what you are doing now, and the pay is ok, and the king air deal is not a huge step up in the world, then stay put I guess.

wingnutt said:
haha...so is it a C90, C90A, C90B, C90-1, C90SE, E90, F90, F90-1, perhaps even an A90, or the one-of-a-kind G90. but not to worry, i wont even bother to list the military versions ;)
What are you talking about? Sorry I don’t all have 30+ years of aviation from which to draw. It could be a B350, BE10, BE, 20, BE30, C12L/R, UC12, TP101 for all I know.

My ultimate career goal is to fly corporate. I’m flying turbine equipment now. I should also add that the company with the 421 has 3 other jet aircraft, which I might get a chance to fly if they need another full time pilot in the future. So at best it would be a lateral move in the short term.

Take the job that puts you closer to family.

lol, im just messin with ya. im actually in the midst of some research on the King Air 90 series and have run into a slew of information about them.

but as for your dilema, i think you will like the 90, especially if by "I’m flying turbine equipment now" you mean that thing in your avatar. van flying is only gonna do so much for you, get out while you can...especially if you want to make corporate a goal!

What are you flying now?

What are you flying now equip and seat, that is needed to be known before you can get advice? I see a little leaning toward "lifestyle" and it may be a bit early in your career to be making decisions based upon lifestyle.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back