Can't Find A Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FD,

Do you have your apps in at the regionals? Comair is hiring like crazy, ASA is running newhire classes out of the pool and is about to start interviewing.

1st yr pay sucks, but isn't too bad 2nd yr ($37.24/hr on the CRJ700)

Good luck whereever you wind up.

FD,
I totally understand what you're going through. I have not found any flying jobs, and I am an AEPS member too. It really sucks not flying at all!
I still wanted to be around airplanes, so I took an FBO job. I thought it might be good for networking, but so far nothing has surfaced. Now I am not current in anything, and no one wants to hire someone who's furloughed who won't give up their seniority. I am not really complaining because unlike a lot of people, I am not willing to move to get a job, I just wanted to let you know there are a lot of others in the same boat.
P.S. Almost all of my furloughed friends are not flying, just working whatever job they could find until they get recalled.

I've done the "climbto350" & AEPS and who know what else. I understand that it is tax deductible, however, you need to reach a certain amount of "deductions" before it is worth your while.

What else? I am just as frustrated as everyone else who is posting. However, considering the alternatives, I could be in a much worse position.

I'll quit whinning.....and please let me know if there are any Learjet openings I haven't mailed/emailed/faxed.....

Just another furlough guy. With the other 5000 or so guys and gals flooding the market, it might be a bit of a wait. I did have a friend interview at Avolar, they will only hire you if you have a Falcon rating, might be worth checking(if they ever get off the ground.)
For those who aren't getting any flight time and want a few hours, actively seek out a local Civil Air Patrol unit. It looks like they are going to take a lot of the patrol missions in Homeland Defense from the Air Force. Since I didn't have one in my area, I met with a few people and started a new unit in the town I'm living in. There are a lot of options. If you would like more info check their site at www.capnhq.gov.
Good luck and hope to see you up there, check six.
The pilot formally know as a major guy who is now sucking wind, had to settle for day job...coud be worse, could be just sucking wind. Later.

CAP

I'll second CAP. Depending on the unit, it can be very professional or exceedingly political, but can provide you with a few flight hours. The greater benefit of CAP is the people you can meet and the contacts can you make. These people and contacts have been known to lead to jobs.

I gained a considerable amount of experience and learning through CAP. Given the caveat above, I recommend it highly.

The tough minded optimist

FD, a few suggestions here:

-try Alaska now before summer season starts
-try Ameristar, they fly cargo in Falcons
-try corporate outfits and fractionals like flexjet, execjet etc.
-go to www.guides.com and look for operations all over the US and see what planes they fly and call them.
-go to www.pilotswanted.com and sign up for their free corporate referral program.

Good luck and never give up !

P.S. Did you know that Walt Disney had to go to 302 banks before he got a loan in order to build Disneyland ?

Hang in there Buddy. Your wife and kids love you and so do your friends. You'll find a flying job soon.

Brokepilot

Don't feel so bad...
Have two type ratings worth absolutely nothing and close to 4500 hours and nobody calling..
I really don't want to give up seniority, but as time goes on, it is weighing very heavily..
I agree, everybody is on the Climbto350, AEPS and Avcrew database...
Almost all pilots use these daily
Only hope that all of us get back to the cockpit soon and get back to what we all enjoy doing.

Good luck to all, I will just keep looking and praying..

Latest resources

Back