• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call to Action... Our futures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like how Canada handles it. The ME3 carriers can't offer anything to Canada that it wants, primarily unlimited flights to 3 unbelievably hot and humid sand pit cities. Guess what? Most Canadians don't want to go there. Soooo, they limit the inbound flights to 3 a week to one city in Canada to the ME3. If you can't offer anything, then why should you get EVERYTHING and steal customers from the U.S., Canada, or Europe? No US airline goes to Abu Dhabi for example, but Etihad wants to go to every big US city eventually, and they have a US customs facility too? Ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is fair.... We have 2 flights per day they should get 2 flights per day in the States ... Chose who will operate those 2 flights and to what cities Mr Mahtoum .
Game over and yes cancel your orders or buy only Airbus , no problem we will absorb those aircraft from the EU Airlines and local Airlines
You are not the only 3 customers for Boeing

I like how Canada handles it. The ME3 carriers can't offer anything to Canada that it wants, primarily unlimited flights to 3 unbelievably hot and humid sand pit cities. Guess what? Most Canadians don't want to go there. Soooo, they limit the inbound flights to 3 a week to one city in Canada to the ME3. If you can't offer anything, then why should you get EVERYTHING and steal customers from the U.S., Canada, or Europe? No US airline goes to Abu Dhabi for example, but Etihad wants to go to every big US city eventually, and they have a US customs facility too? Ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

About a year ago you made numerous posts that the ME3 don't pose any threat to the US legacies. Have you changed your mind? EK just announced double daily 777 from SEA-DXB. Wonder if Delta will start SEA-BOM service now?

Yeah. Why are you worried about middle East when cheap ass Ryan air is coming?

That is fair.... We have 2 flights per day they should get 2 flights per day in the States ... Chose who will operate those 2 flights and to what cities Mr Mahtoum .
Game over and yes cancel your orders or buy only Airbus , no problem we will absorb those aircraft from the EU Airlines and local Airlines
You are not the only 3 customers for Boeing

I think if they don't like what America or Europe says they should order Antanovs or Sukoi jets. Yeah, those will look great in ME3 paint schemes....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah. Why are you worried about middle East when cheap ass Ryan air is coming?

No, they stated that they will NOT be starting a LCC transatlantic operation. They hinted that they might, and then the board retracted that statement.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

About a year ago you made numerous posts that the ME3 don't pose any threat to the US legacies. Have you changed your mind? EK just announced double daily 777 from SEA-DXB. Wonder if Delta will start SEA-BOM service now?

Overall Green the ME3 do not affect the MAJORITY of US carrier ops, especially when they stay in their geographic area, which is a transit hub(s) in the ME. Connections to India and Pakistan are the real only "poaching" from US pax that might connect in Europe, most likely on a partner airline, not even a US airline. (Although UA goes nonstop from EWR to India). But, if those Govts who are funding the ops start to use their money to buy up hurting European airlines (AZ) and try to use their own slots to fly to the U.S., then that could affect the U.S. big 3 directly. It is interesting though that several European countries are now looking at the US3's report and may reexamine their own open skies treaties with ME carriers. Sorry, it's just obvious. I love the "equity" argument that some of the ME3 carrier CEOs like to bring up. I know there are several other airlines out there in the World that are "Govt owned", but they are not dead set on World domination. Is that being selective? You bet.

And it's tough for any US airline to start SEA to BOM nonstop with the low fares your airline throws out there while getting great deals from the EXIM bank, the local Govt, etc. I assume the 2 daily 777s to DXB from SEA will be seasonal for the 2nd flight, unless your airline wants to really show obvious losses during the slower rainy season.

And Green, I'm reading a lot of bad things on PPRUNE about your rosters (91 hour months mandatory) and overall bad sentiment over there. Sounds like people are leaving in droves to go back to the U.S. or Europe. When will you come back?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General,

That's the problem. They are set on world domination and the US government is too chicken sh#t to do anything about it. Ordering 150+ 777X's trumps ALPA's lobby. None of the US/Euro carriers can compete with a country lacking basic labor laws and a regulator that doesn't regulate.

It just seems to be the way of the world now. Governments run by and for corporations. Once we've sold and outsourced everything we will be a nation of service workers catering to the whims of the .01%.

By the way the 2nd SEA is not seasonal. Orlando was just announced as well. Yes rosters on all fleets except for the 380 are terrible. Like everyone out here I have my two buckets. I plan on coming back once one of them is full.

Last edited:
General,

That's the problem. They are set on world domination and the US government is too chicken sh#t to do anything about it. Ordering 150+ 777X's trumps ALPA's lobby. None of the US/Euro carriers can compete with a country lacking basic labor laws and a regulator that doesn't regulate.

It just seems to be the way of the world now. Governments run by and for corporations. Once we've sold and outsourced everything we will be a nation of service workers catering to the whims of the .01%.

By the way the 2nd SEA is not seasonal. Orlando was just announced as well. Yes rosters on all fleets except for the 380 are brutal.

Green,

With US politics, votes count, not just big money to select politicians. And, Boeing has lobbyists, but so do the Big3 US airlines. It will come down to how many people can rally up and complain to Congressmen and Senators, and who has more constituents. And when it comes down to it, will Emirates buy other planes? The European countries and starting to complain as well, so there goes Airbus, as well as Boeing here in the States? I guess Russia isn't complaining, so does that mean Antonov is in the running? Emirates will buy whatever planes they need, although EXIM "super special" financing is now not available. It's great your SEA flights will be two daily, probably proving that your airline can dump seats in some markets in slower periods (Winter) and maybe not care about profits. And, MCO will be interesting to watch. Will rich Indians or Pakistanis fly all the way to MCO to see Disney? They can go to France or HKG to see Disney and it would be cheaper. Many airlines have dumped MCO due to lower yields, although LH still flies there and probably has connections your way.

Have you considered coming back home? Huge hiring from the big 3 mean better QOL (something you guys lack right now) and new contracts mean better money. Hopefully you aren't stuck out there trying to get your needed time in for vesting (5 years?), when people pile in ahead of you here. Coming in at the end of a hiring wave is not advisable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back