• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call to Action... Our futures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Ty... Why did u leave the sandbox? If they (ME3) are so great? Were u one of those career FO's the Aussies blacklisted?

��

Tail

PS- Sniper I am ex Redtail also. Go NWA!

The previous question was "do I work there?" As in present tense. The answer was, and is "no".

You don't like the message so you want to shoot the messenger. I understand that is your style.

I'll tell you and everyone else why I am so adamant about my views. When I was a young F.O. at USAir in the 80s I saw union baggage handlers and union mechanics purposely delay flights and there was nothing I could do about it. It helped ruin the airlines which resulted in the loss of hundreds or pilots jobs. Then during the beginning of the RJ era I flew with captains who's only concern was to scope them out instead of trying to find a way to either get them on mainline or at least get a solid flow agreement. The arrogance of what I saw and heard was unbelievable. The CLT LEC captain rep actually said to me, "we can't have a flow through with them because they don't understand high speed aerodynamics".

It was, in part, attitudes like that and the resultant strategies that doomed the U.S. majors and pilots in the USA to the entire RJ era of low pay and shrinking mainline domestic flying.

I see the same short term thinking and arrogance with the current strategy. So I speak out against it. You want to turn that into I'm anti-American or anti-U.S. pilot, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I truly hope that the U.S. majors can be successful, and when they are so will their pilots.

We just have a different view on how that can happen. Crucify me for that in your troll like ways if you want, but I have been out in the world and seen all the revenue potential that is out there.

Don't be a lemming, think creatively and positively.

Typhoopilot

The "Irish are not coming" - Ryan Air made a statement yesterday that they screwed up in issuing a statement earlier that they were planning on setting up routes into the US. The always colorful CEO Michael O'Leary said it was his gaff,

The previous question was "do I work there?" As in present tense. The answer was, and is "no".

You don't like the message so you want to shoot the messenger. I understand that is your style.

I'll tell you and everyone else why I am so adamant about my views. When I was a young F.O. at USAir in the 80s I saw union baggage handlers and union mechanics purposely delay flights and there was nothing I could do about it. It helped ruin the airlines which resulted in the loss of hundreds or pilots jobs. Then during the beginning of the RJ era I flew with captains who's only concern was to scope them out instead of trying to find a way to either get them on mainline or at least get a solid flow agreement. The arrogance of what I saw and heard was unbelievable. The CLT LEC captain rep actually said to me, "we can't have a flow through with them because they don't understand high speed aerodynamics".

It was, in part, attitudes like that and the resultant strategies that doomed the U.S. majors and pilots in the USA to the entire RJ era of low pay and shrinking mainline domestic flying.

I see the same short term thinking and arrogance with the current strategy. So I speak out against it. You want to turn that into I'm anti-American or anti-U.S. pilot, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I truly hope that the U.S. majors can be successful, and when they are so will their pilots.

We just have a different view on how that can happen. Crucify me for that in your troll like ways if you want, but I have been out in the world and seen all the revenue potential that is out there.

Don't be a lemming, think creatively and positively.

Typhoopilot[/QUOTE

So will you support the ALPA PAC Fund that fights currently NAI and the M3 for fair competition ? The PAC supports US pilot jobs.

Yes or No

Not that TP needs my help, but I am a bit confused when it comes to the personal attacks.

I am well aware that he used to work for Emirates, discussed it with him and got some good advice. Ultimately I chose not to pursue that avenue.

As for the ME3, I disagree with his opinion, but one can disagree while remaining respectful.

I would agree with you on that last part. It would be great if the U.S. government helped the U.S. compete more effectively. There is a number of ways they can do that; lower taxes, helped negotiate more route rights, etc. All of which are win-win scenarios for the American public and the U.S. carriers. Protectionism is a win-lose or lose-win, however you want to say it. So if ALPA truly wants to help win they will go more for the win-win scenario because that is the one where they can have a logical argument that the majority of people will listen to, not just airline pilots.

Typhoonpilot

I don't think a review of ME3 compliance with the prevailing agreement(s) amounts to protectionism.

Also, the U.S. govt is not interested in a win-lose or lose-win when it comes to US airlines. "Win" can't be in the equation. We [ALPA] have to package this complaint the way they are. There is an angle to this that's necessary because in the U.S. is only interested in helping one of its airlines 100%.

Where this looks like it's going isn't where we think or we want it to go. Try to see the big picture.

Last edited:
I like how Canada handles it. The ME3 carriers can't offer anything to Canada that it wants, primarily unlimited flights to 3 unbelievably hot and humid sand pit cities. Guess what? Most Canadians don't want to go there. Soooo, they limit the inbound flights to 3 a week to one city in Canada to the ME3. If you can't offer anything, then why should you get EVERYTHING and steal customers from the U.S., Canada, or Europe? No US airline goes to Abu Dhabi for example, but Etihad wants to go to every big US city eventually, and they have a US customs facility too? Ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back