Joseph or something sounding similiar

Bluestreak

United.......just kidding

Thanks

:confused:

sydeseet

Huge Member
Total Time
United.....was it a female voice? (I know, I know, but it was sooooo easy)

"Justice" is the US Dept. of Justice (corrections) flying prisoners around in 727s. Great show about them on Discovery or Learning Channel if you can catch it.

"Blue Streak" is a USAir regional flying Dork Props, not sure which regional.

Don't know about Joseph; don't think I've heard that one.

Smoking Man

High Speed Aluminum
Total Time
Bluestreak

PSA Airlines U.S. Airways Express, Flying the mighty Dornier 328 turbo Prop.

The other one???

Regards

Smoking Man

Last edited:

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
Regarding "Justice" I heard that one for the first time today in MHT. They were indeed flying a 727, from the light green stripes it appeared to be ex-Miami Air. They aren't kdding when it comes to security. A guard 50 yards off each wing, nose, and tail while it was parked, giving me nasty looks as I taxied by. Quite an outfit.

Jeff Russell

Total Time
Joseph is a miltary callsign. Justice also flies other a/c besides the B727.

Jeff Russell
CSEL IA
ATC, Atlanta ARTCC

AZaviator

El Capitan
Total Time
Vegas Heat??

I've heard the callsign "Vegas Heat" several times on frequency in Phoenix. Anyone know who that is?

Justice flies an MD-80 out of Williams Gateway Airport in Phoenix. As Cardinal stated, they have armed security guards surrounding the plane when they are boarding. Its hilarious watching the plane takeoff. I swear I've seen it do 45 degree bank turns after takeoff. Then again, why not. Its not like the passengers can really complain about it!

ILLINI

Total Time
++++
sydeseet

Do you remember when that US Dept. of Justice show on TLC or Discovery Channel was going to be on, or did I already miss it? Just curious, i'd like to watch it if I can.

enigma

good ol boy
Total Time
>1500
Those justice MD80's used to belong to Spirit, we leased the marshalls a couple after 9/11. Our management leased some dash 82's out and kept some -81's. Guess which dash number carries more gas?

Here's another callsign for you.

"Janet"

regards

BE20AV8R

Total Time
"Janet" is, I believe, the govt. airline that runs 737-100's from Vegas up to "area 51". The planes look like they used to belong to Western Airlines.. All white with two red stripes...

I've recently heard "eagle jet" flying around the west.. Is that Eagle Flight, only with a the erj?

Also.. "night cargo"?

Fr8Dog

Total Time
Night Cargo is Air Cargo Carriers. They are out of Milwaukee but have bases all over the US. They fly shorts 330's and 360's.

OtterFO

Flying Again!!!!
Total Time
Eagle Jet

Eagle Jet is Eagle Canyon airlines, part of Scenic Airlines. They fly Fokker F-27's to the canyon, on NCAA contracts, and as Air Laughlin.

Janet is an interesting bunch. when I was flying out of vegas I heard them picking up clearences. 4 airplanes all using the same exact callsign, and the clearence was "Janet XXX, you are cleared to your destination as filed, climb and maintain as filed, squak as filed."

English

Total Time
"Eagle jet" is not American Eagle. I think it is a group out in the Vegas area...anyone else know for sure? I would venture a guess that they do charters or do type ratings/training.

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Total Time
enough
The Janet flights are the shuttles into Groom Lake (Area 51) as I recall, so I imagine that most of the information about them would be kept secret.

hawkerjet

Total Time
Eaglejet is the call sign for the F-27's out of LAS. They fly to the Ditch (Grand Canyon ) and to other tourist locations in Utah and Arizona.I know, I know, an F-27 is not a jet but that's what they call themselves...

c.j.

What is Jetlink? I have heard them a lot flying out of the HOU/IAH area.

sydeseet

Huge Member
Total Time
Jetlink is Continental Express

To answer an earlier question about "Justice Airlines" being on Discovery: In don't know when it's on as I just happened to catch it one night last summer. It's part of the "On the inside" series. Again, it was pretty interesting as most of that channel is.

Pink Panther

Total Time
Testicle?
I heard that callsign lately in the San Antonio, TX area, I was laughing my ass off when I heard it. Anyone knows who it is?Testicle?

MetroSheriff

Hittin' the road...
Total Time
Somehow I doubt the FCC would assign or allow the use of the callsign "Testicle". Just a humble opinion.

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Total Time
enough
You would certainly have to have balls to use that callsign.

English

Total Time
Now THAT'S funny....