CAL interview with record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cocknbull

Does anyone know if CAL will interview with a minor misdomeanor that occured several years ago. It was for a drinking related offense before I was 21 and the outcome was a fine. I have been told I am in the short stack, but I'm worried about this.

Thanks

Last edited:
As far as getting the interview, I'm not sure, but I don't think it will hold you back.

Just make sure you are honest about it during an interview.

I know people who have been fired after they finished IOE for not telling them about something that was on their record. The background check takes a long time and it won't be finished until you are already on the line. They were told that if they had told them about it in the interview they would have hired them anyway.

Believe it or not your offense is very common so just be honest.

Good Luck

Does anyone know if CAL will interview with a minor misdomeanor that occured several years ago. It was for a drinking related offense before I was 21 and the outcome was a fine. I have been told I am in the short stack, but I'm worried about this.

Thanks

were you charged and convicted of that offense that now appears on your record as a misdemeanor, or was it reduced to a fine with the help of a lawyer?

Last edited:
That was dumb. Never admit guilt unless a judge is lookin' you in the eyes!

So much for gettin the record expunged.

It was expunged, but to answer the application honestly I had to submit this information. I honestly hope it won't hurt, and I want to be honest regardless if I think it will "show up".

That was dumb. Never admit guilt unless a judge is lookin' you in the eyes!

So much for gettin the record expunged.

I don't thing you have a clue how aviation background checks can work fella. Lot more likely to not get hired for dishonesty then honesty.

Just be honest. Concentrate on your strengths. If the subject comes up, be honest and remorseful. You'll do fine. Everyone did something (or a few things) stupid when they were young. Part of growing up.

Latest resources

Back