CAL an a misdomeanor(sp)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cocknbull

I had an open flask ticket 9 years ago and paid a $66 fine. Do you think this will red flag me at CAL?

There's nothing you can do about it now, and lying WON'T help. Try to put a positive spin on it. Emphasize how much you learned from it, blah, blah, blah... Nine years is a long time, it shouldn't hurt you too badly.

Good luck.

They shouldn't hire you if you DON'T have any alcohol-related arrests... (Sorry, still living in the 70's. :( ) TC

Thanks guys, I know I'll fit right in with the rest of the pilot group, however HR is who I'm worried about.

They shouldn't hire you if you DON'T have any alcohol-related arrests... (Sorry, still living in the 70's.
TC,

I couldn't agree with you more!

Just be honest about it. If I were you, I wouldn't bring it up unless asked. 9 years is a long time. If you get hired by CAL it won't be because of anything but your experience, your internal recs, and your ability to interview well.

Just be yourself, that's all their looking for.

If you're talking about an open container of alcohol, I don't think its a misdemeanor. It's more in the order of like jaywalikng or soemthing. In NYC a lot of people used to get summonses for this and the usual deal was to appear in court for a $10 fine. Happens all the time. It's weird cause they don't assign a fine on the ticket that you can mail in. You have to waste a day going down to the court building and go in front of an old old judge who basically will just have you pay a very small fine. I don't think this could really ever be accounted for at some airline interview.

Years ago it was prevelant, people drinking beer in the street, brown-bagging it. One way to get around this (if you must), is to remove the label of the beer bottle (out of luck if ts a can). The ticket MUST indicate what brand of alcohol it was in order for them to issue the summons. Nowadays with the QOL crime crackdown, you see less of it.

Latest resources

Back