• eagle jet

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • frontier flying service of alaska

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • centran air west of kansas

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

federico

hello fellow pilots i really need som advice on buying multi tome. i have a total of 1395 flight hours airplane and 600 f.e time on an a300b4. right out of flight school i found a job with a company called taca in central america they put me on the right seat of a caravan flying passenger over there the caravan is a two pilot deal then they transfered me to the a300b4 cargo plane got me an f.e ticket useless if you ask me and 600 hours later grounded the airplanes and lay everybody. coming back to the states after three years in costa rica working for an airline has been quit a shock. nobody will take you as an f.e. without an a.p witch is fine with me beacause the job sucks anyway and with my multi total of 10.8 that gets me knowere either. ive looked into an outfit called frontier flying service in alaska a 250 135 program central air out of kansas and even gulftream and a kreep out of miami called rick at eagle jet oh plus tyler aviation and an outfit out of hawaii called pacific wings all selling multi programs any suggestions. thanks

Hey Fred.

I am currently flying the caravan and would say that if you logged any of that as PIC, that is a good thing. From what I've seen and heard, airlines like the PIC turbine. I'm surprised because its single engine but nevertheless, they like it. As far as multi time, you will probably have to get more either by getting lucky or biting the bullet and buying it. I went to Airline Training Academy and bought it but there are some cheaper outfits out there. And if you are going to buy it, you might as well use some of the cash and get your ATP out of it. Infact, I wish I did and now I have to get back into a multi to get it.

-Good Luck

Why don't you go somewhere like Mountain Air Cargo, who flies Caravans as well as large multi turboprops? I think after a year in the Caravan, you can fly the FK-27. I honestly don't know if they are hiring right now, though. I would also look into skydiving operations, as many have twins that only people with turbine experience can fly. Good luck to you.

Central Air

I flew 100 hours with Central Air recently and I highly recommend it. If you want to get quality multi-engine/instrument flying in the shortest amount of time than this is your place. It is a family run business and they are out for your best interest. It is also the best deal for your money. The cost consist of a Part 135 ground school and checkride in an Aero Commander which cost $2,000 and than it is $20/hr after that starting with a 100 hour block and than you can buy 50 hour blocks after that. Once you finish your 135 checkout which takes about 4-5 days, you will than be assigned to a base and fly right seat until your time is up. I flew about 4-5 hours a day or night and finished very quick. They also have a letter from the FAA that states when you fly PIC, you log PIC regardless of the seat. Great Deal. 3 days after I finished my 100 hours, I was offered an interview with Chicago Express. I start ground school for the Saab 340 on Feb. 20th. Good Luck!

More info

Kellene,
If possible could you give the contact info for the company you built your multi time on. Also what does it take to begin with them, you seem to have built up to the 135mins with them. thanks
wayne

With your time and qualifications you shouldnt have a problem getting a good CFI job teaching multi or even getting on with Airnet, Flight Express, etc. I would not recommend Gulfstream, Tyler, or any of those scam outfits. I got my first jet job with 1000 TT, and 30 multi. It just takes some nosing around and persistence.

Also see previous posts on buying a job

I second the recomendation for airnet, we do a lot of charter work for airnet and all their pilots seem very happy. Only down side is that you don't always get based where you want in the begining. You could try buying an inexpensive twin if you have the cash.
-dog

If you're an A300 F/E, why not try Express.Net or Tradewinds? Both fly the 'bus as freighters and I don't think they use PFEs although I'm not sure. ICC is a Canadian outfit that also flies the A300F.

skydiverdriver said:
Why don't you go somewhere like Mountain Air Cargo, who flies Caravans as well as large multi turboprops? I think after a year in the Caravan, you can fly the FK-27. I honestly don't know if they are hiring right now, though. I would also look into skydiving operations, as many have twins that only people with turbine experience can fly. Good luck to you.

you have a web site for them...?

Central Air

How is it that both people in the front of a commander can be getting PIC Time????? Don't tell me that the person sitting in the left seat is going to let you log the time and that they won't.

Pilot in command means the person who:
(1) Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
(2) Has been designated as pilot in command before or during the flight; and
(3) Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight.

That sounds really fishy to me, looks like somone in an interview would/should question that.

2 people getting PIC time under part 135???

Southwest Airlines defines "Pilot in Command" as the Pilot responsible for the operation and safety of the aircraft during flight. This definition is taken from PART I of the FAR. Southwest Airlines further allows logging of PIC as follows: For an aircraft requiring a type rating: If both pilots are type rated, the pilot in the left seat and sole manipulator of the controls may log PIC. If only one pilot is type rated only that pilot may log PIC, regardless of seat position. For aircraft not requiring a type rating: Only the pilot in the left seat and sole manipulator of the controls may log PIC.

So then you ask yourself, can I OR should I log PIC????

Latest resources

Back