BS Bingo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BadEyesBen

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? I do. What about those long and boring conference calls? "BS Bingo" is a way to change all of that:
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare your "BS Bingo" card by drawing a square (I find that 5" x 5" is a good size) and dividing it into columns - five across and five down. That will give you 25 1-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:

synergy, strategic, core competencies, best practice, bottom line, revisit, take that off-line, 24/7, out of the loop, benchmark, value-added, proactive, win-win, think outside the box, fast track, result-driven, empower (or empowerment), knowledge base, at the end of the day, touch base, mindset, leverage, ballpark, game plan, and client (or customer) focus(ed)

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "Great Talk!", or "Great Meeting!", or "Brilliant!", or"Excellent!", or "Bloody Hell!"
Testimonials from satisfied "BS Bingo" players:
* "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."
* "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."-
* "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win."
* "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited
for the fifth box."
* "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "Bloody Hell!" in two
hours."

Hey

What happened to Paradigm, Dove-tail, Legacy, Timeframe, Cohort, Lessons Learned, Black Box........?

I think there shold be a special bonus for the first double-double. That's when somebody uses a anacronym where the word "system" is already built in. So you might have something like the "Energy Return System" or ERS and someone says "the work on the ERS System is going......" BINGO!

Love the concept, let's do lunch.

Add "dialog with" and "total quality" ....

God ... I'm SO glad I'm out of manufacturing management.

Minh Thong, CQE and Certified Lead Assessor

Is there an Aviation Edition? So I can play in CRM.

Its pretty much the same thing. I play that all day long. I found the best way to fake that you are taking notes on a computer and start playing a game that requires you to enter stuff on your keyboard alot.

Latest resources

Back