Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Bombardier back to work, Comair update

Training has said the next new hire class will be July 22, Bombardier / Comair are in the process of updaing the delivery schedule for the remainder of the year. Good luck to all.

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, May 3, 2002 (CCNMatthews via COMTEX) -- Bombardier Aerospace announced today that its unionized employees, members of Local 712 of the International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers (IAMAW), have accepted the recommandation for settlement contained in the conciliation report of Quebec provincial government mediator-conciliator, Pierre Gervais. As a result, the strike action begun April 15th, 2002 has ended and employees will return to work on Sunday evening, May 5, 2002.

Last edited:
Am I understanding this correctly....so the may 29th class that had been cancelled won't run until july 22nd??!!

I was hoping they'd start running classes again in mid june. Oh well....

Anyone know what's going on with interviews. I have a couple buddies whose interviews have been pushed back. Are they actively interviewing right now?

I would be intested to know where that information came from. When I talked to Linda this morning her guess for me (May 22nd class) was mid June.

class date info

Comair training dept said 22 july, I don't know why they would say something different than HR. Also no new base this year due to Bombardier strike, thats from CEO.

hold on to your hats

As far as I knew , what Linda says is what I am goin with..She seems to be the one in charge of everything...The strike was only 3 weeks so maybe things weren't altered all that much....

I'm so anxious I'm about to cry ...wish class would just start!!!
"Calgon take me away"

well atleast we're not waiting for a class at ALG....I have about 8 friends over there, one of which was 2 days away from his checkride....he got axed yesterday....another has been there close to 2 years..he's afraid he's on the chopping block..just last month he was thinking about when upgrade would be....

well theres my .02 for the week..

take care

smoke em if ya got em...

look at the bright side ...a bit more summer to enjoy....AND a bit more baseball to be played....my team will be soo thrilled..

To all of you new hire hopefuls....

out of a meeting today directly from Rademacher, Pres. and Osmundsun, VP of Ops.

The earliest new hires will be in July training, 26 RJ's this year, 30 more next year. 200 new hires this year.

Linda is wonderful and usually a great source, but this is the latest and most accurate.

Brasilias will be gone by Oct 1. Ofcourse , believe it when you see it.

All of us 120 drivers will be training throughout the summer, and may be with some new hires in July, Aug, Sep.

Good luck to all and be patient , if you can.

any new bases are up to Delta and economy, Orlando is still up in the air. So none were discussed.

Did they talk about the CRJ700 in the meeting? I'm curious what will happen with that. At my interview, they were talking about possibly puting new hires into the 70 seater because FO's weren't bidding the plane for fear of missing their upgrade.

200 more pilots this year or does that number include all of us in the pool?

Their was no mention of the 70 seater, but good question, how many 50/40 seaters and how many 70 seaters, we didn't get that info, someone might have asked that while I wasn't there.

26 planes still means 26 planes. The equation is like this:

there are about 50 FO's in MCO and 200 new hires=250.
with about 9-10 crews per plane equals 250, 26 by 9=234,etc.

as for new hires, this is just my opinion, when the next bid comes out for the 70, then lets say there are 30 seats each, the top 15 CA's will be very senior and the bottom could be new CA's, the top 10 FO's could be very senior and the bottom 20 could be new hires.

don't think much into it, just get the job if you want it.
I don't know anything about "the pool", I am sure you will be in class first.....

good Luck!

Guam360 said:
Their was no mention of the 70 seater, but good question, how many 50/40 seaters and how many 70 seaters, we didn't as for new hires, this is just my opinion, when the next bid comes out for the 70, then lets say there are 30 seats each, the top 15 CA's will be very senior and the bottom could be new CA's, the top 10 FO's could be very senior and the bottom 20 could be new hires.

good Luck!

As for the last bid for the 70 that was awarded, the CA side went VERY senior with the bottom number at seniority #38. As for the FO side of things, only 11 people bid voluntairily, with the remainder being junior assigned into the airplane. With this last bid being rescinded due to the Bombardier strike as well as the change in delivery dates, the whole picture becomes just a bit muddled. This is great news for those who were JA'd and did not want to go into the airplane right now. The most junior person who bid the airplane on the FO side was in the 1240's range on the list.
At this point, new hires filling out the bottom is by NO means an unrealistic possibility! :eek: :eek:

Latest resources

Back