• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BMAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a friend there. Flying his butt off. They will be hiring for a while. $24,000 first year F/O. That is all I know.:eek:

My Grandson interviewed there last week
i guess theyre interviewing this week again for a class at the end of this month. Fo's 24000 yrCapt's 36 000 a year plus 17.50 /hr for every hr overtime. alot of flying in florida! After 18 months there you go to mainline PanAm and keep your senority!!good deal!
the next class is at the end of the month.

24K first year FO in J-31. 33.6K first year CAPT in J-31. No 401K. Medical/dental partly paid by employee. 6 days on and one day off for a schedule because they are short pilots and opening new routes in the Northeast and FL. PSM (Portsmouth, NH) is current base for J31 pilots. Possible Sanford, FL base in the future. If you have a lot of turboprop/jet and PIC can get hired directly into the left seat. Fax resume to 603-766-2055. Attn: Chief Pilot

After 18 months and if the PAN AM is interviewing, you can get a slot to interview at Pan Am. The key is interview. They (Pan Am) are hiring street CAPTS to fly their 727s. It takes time to upgrade from FO to CAPT, (I heard after 1500 hrs in type).

BMA requires their new hires to sign a 5 year training contract. Yes, that is a 5 year prorated contract. They are Part 121. Buying/leasing more J-31s which apparently are plentiful in the desert in storage.

Lots of flying but some are burning out with the 6/1 schedule. May get more days off per month depending on lots of things. But line pilots say 4-6 days off per month is common.

Ground school in house; sim training in Dulles. No pay until sim ride is completed at Dulles. They do put you up in a motel in PSM while in initial training.

My Regards

BMAirways J31 class date

Rumor is Next class date is either june 3rd or 10th.
theyre interviewing all week this week. possibly 6 capt wanabe's & 4 Fo types......all subject to change!

FYI,
I was up at PSM the other day and Pan Am had around 6 United 727 and a Trump 727 in front of their Maint. hanger. I heard they got them dirt cheep.

You can bet those J-31s are plentiful in the desert. I flew to Kingman AZ other day. Must be well over a hundred there, if not two hundred, just sitting out there. Some looked like recent ones from ACA, while others have been there for years.

Latest resources

Back