• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bieber pilots had to us O2 masks, FA abused

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The charter company I fly for would back me 100% for diverting if a passenger refused to stop smoking. It has nothing to do with the type of flying you're doing.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it sounds like this captain should have been a little more forceful. I think letting passengers get away with lighting up AND being abusive to a crew member is unacceptable.

That's the way it should be. Some of the crap I've heard from friends flying for some of the sketchy south Florida outfits just leaves me scratching my head in bewilderment.

The captain should have declared an emergency, landed at the nearest suitable and demanded law enforcement. Once he became aware of a controlled substance being transported by air Federal Law was violated, in addition to interference with a crewmember. The fact that he continued to destination boggles the mind.

Plus the world could have watched that little ********************stain do another perpwalk.

I can definitely see the issue with second hand smoke from MJ, but what happens when you have someone like Charlie Sheen in the back and he's tooting lines on a transcon from LA to NYC? Do you pretend its not happening and continue the flight? I would assume charters and fracs have passenger drug policies but do those rules get followed by the crews?

Didn't catch where in Canada the flight originated, but, assuming they didn't start in Calgary, I suppose, proceeding to Teterboro makes as much sense as diverting to somewhere else, and certainly would avoid some serious Customs headaches. Nevertheless, as-soon-as-practicable landing would certainly be in order.

Didn't catch where in Canada the flight originated, but, assuming they didn't start in Calgary, I suppose, proceeding to Teterboro makes as much sense as diverting to somewhere else, and certainly would avoid some serious Customs headaches. Nevertheless, as-soon-as-practicable landing would certainly be in order.

Waterloo Ontario. So it was probably simpler to continue to destination. If the FA felt that she wasn't secure, the decision to continue to NYC probably lessened an already sticky situation.

When in doubt

When in doubt, divert to Bangor. They are used to dealing with miscreants and all flavors of reprobates.

Force the kid and his group to listen to his own music!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody slap him up side the head.

Captain should have declared an emergency and landed ASAP. No excuse for allowing the FA to get abused like that either.

Any idea which charter firm was involved?

And Neil Young

I think that dude has restored an old Lincoln to run on the stuff. Well, he claims it's a hybrid powered by "biomass" but I have my suspicions...

http://www.lincvolt.com/

Of course we all heard Mr. Young sing about her and we all heard ole Neil put her down. I just hope Neil Young will remember that a southern man don't need him around anyhow :)

Latest resources

Back