• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Management Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe that staying on your own is good for all operators. We are Part 91 with TAG and the amount of savings in fuel discounts, insurance etc. versus before TAG has paid for itself. Now if we were 135...I'm not sure

rice said:
They've all got their god and bad points. But I'll second Spooky's opinion, TAG seems to be the best of the group in my opinion. They are usually the most expensive of the management firms (a fact that they don't try to hide) but they also seem to be the most "direct" to deal with. I've never heard of anyone questioning their accounting or their ability to hold up their end of the contract.

I'll bet that Chase Manhattan Bank will argue with your statement. They left TAG about 5 or 6 years ago and went with Jet. Of course they are now out on their own, running 91 out of HPN.

My suggestion for best management company would be Executive Fliteways ouit of ISP. I worked with them for a bunch of years. Their management is one of the best (and honest) in the entire 135 world. And that's from first hand experience!

Crow said:
I don't believe that staying on your own is good for all operators. We are Part 91 with TAG and the amount of savings in fuel discounts, insurance etc. versus before TAG has paid for itself. Now if we were 135...I'm not sure

you sound like a salesman!

the 4 accounts I worked on didn't pan out this way (91 or 135)

a dedicated crew can negotiate just as well on fuel discounts, etc...

There is a reason many aircraft switch management compnaies every 2 years. They finally hit a thorough audit,and realize how bad they are being screwed. (at least this is the owners perception)

IMHO take that 10K+/month and give it directly to your dedicated, hard working crew, not some scumbag, sweet talking salesman.

I think AvJet is a great way to go. Probably as pricy as TAG, but you'll get what you pay for. Most of the managed clients have been with the company for years and aren't planning on going anywhere else. Maintenance is excellent, the neogtiated fuel rates are incredible, and you can bet that if the plane is not on a 91 trip, they will have charter for it to fly. Training is mostly done at SimuFlite every 6 months, plus MedAir and CAPPS for all crewmembers each year. You can expect to stay within the planned budget, unless, obviously, there are some unforseen cost, ie. crewmembers leaving (with 100 hours a month flying, you may want to expect that), unforseen MX, etc. While based in KBUR, there is a reason AvJet is picking up more managed clients on the East Coast and in the Midwest - you get what you pay for, no surprises.

I do agree with the others, in that 50 hours charter/50 hours 91 is unlikely with 4 pilots, or even with more pilots. 50 hours of flying for the boss puts the plane off line for most of the month, leaving very little time for it to charter. I know every management company is going to tell you they can do it, but take that as a sales pitch and expect more in the realm of 50 hours 91/20 hours charter as a reasonable guess on the actual times.

PM me if you have more questions.

Dru

Most of the Bosses trips are international in nature....4-6 days away and 25-30
hours flying.

Thanks for all the help

Based on your 50 hour estimate of 91 flying your probably looking at 12-18 days of the month with just the boss, that doesn't leave much time for charter if the crew wants to get a few days off a month. I'm sure there are ways to coordinate different crews, but the flying for the boss alone is a full-time job. I hope it all works out for you, good luck with everything, let me know if you have any other questions.

Dru

TAG, Avjet, Jet are all big operations but their focus seems to be more directed towards Management of the aircraft only. They don't seem to push charter that much except for Avjet, maybe you should consider a more boutique operation. Wher you wouldn't be the 4th Falcon 900 on the certificate?

IMHO

CenturionJet said:
TAG, Avjet, Jet are all big operations but their focus seems to be more directed towards Management of the aircraft only. They don't seem to push charter that much except for Avjet, maybe you should consider a more boutique operation. Wher you wouldn't be the 4th Falcon 900 on the certificate?

IMHO

Not sure where you got your data from but I believe TAG is the largest charter (hours flown) in the US.

Contact FlightWorks in ATL at flightworks.com. We have two groups of pilots: managed flight department employees (me) that fly strictly Part 91 and company pilots that fly 91/135. Both groups and the company we support are satisfied.

Tailwind...

Latest resources

Back