Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dogg

it does not matter anyway
You know it occured to me that rather than this thread being some light weight chatter about where people work, it is very important for a couple of reasons. First, (and i will pre-conceed to the return of profitability in our industry) I think we are at the edge of one of the biggest changes to the air transportation system in years and that leads to the second point. The regionals are no longer regional.

In the past we got hired where we could to get the time to move up the chain as quick as we could to get to that pie in the sky job that we all were dreaming of. I think that was back when there were few if any jets at the "regionals" and a 19 to 30 seat turbo-prop was the workhorse. No one really cared about which regional because they were all just "rest areas" on the way to our destination. I think that know as the regionals continue to become more and more wide spread in their service areas and there alliances they are fast becoming the destination whether we can see that now or not.

I think that in terms of the majors becoming bigger and bigger those days maybe slipping by. When all the econ majors rush to point out the cost savings of big airplanes (and big salaries) they miss the point. Delta ,AA and company don't decide what will be flown where and when. DALPA or the APA don't decide that either
regardless of what they may think. That is always decided by the traveling public. And I think the traveling public's agenda is rapidly changing. I think they want frequency, and more point to point, less hub smaller planes that feel safer, smaller terminals that are easier to transit, less waiting in the mass lines etc etc.

So where does this all lead. It is probably more important than ever to pick an airline to possibly go the long haul with.

Some of us who have been down the road a few times could help compile a list of things that we found/find important and that could be used by others to help them make the right choice in a future employer. just a thought (yikes, kinda rambling i guess)

I love the smell of Necro-Posting in the morning.

That dude waited 7 1/2 years for someone to respond to his post. LOL! Way to go, Uncle Bunkle.

I think he hit the nail right on the head

Wow that guy hit it on the nail head and in 2002 too. He can see time.

Just goes to show you that things will never change, the post was post 911.

Latest resources

Back