Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aero99

just a member, not senior
Anyone fly these aircraft? Seems like a good enough 6 place (more room than the 58 barons?) but has an IO-541??

Never see them on the ramp or hear anyone talk about good/bad flying characteristics.

Seems like they would work well for a variety of missions.

Also seems like the most depreciated plane Beech produced.

Any experience out there?

I have owned two of these over the years, the last being 17 years ago. They are GREAT LOOKING airplanes that fly just as sweet as they look. They do not have that much room (forget six Pax), little bag space, not that fast but burn lots of gas, and are somewhat of a maintanence hog. But hey....did i mention they really LOOK GREAT.

Most Dukes are owner flown with 2-3 pax and you will be hard pressed to find an owner that will admit there are better choices out there with more bang for the buck. DUKES are so much more eye appealing than say a 421.

Realistic Duke Lover

I too have flown several. Good looking airplane. Maintenance hog, gas hog and a pretty big gap between rotation and blue line. I agree with the above, forget the 6 pax. 3 pax maybe.

Money hole

I saw a guy make a small fortune with a B60 doing a 135 operation. Problem was he started with a large fortune.:D

Duke's love gas and long runways. If interested in getting one, be sure you get two instead. One to fly and one for parts. But like the other poster said, they do look good.

Like all other posters. Looks great... Maint. pig, loves gas, runway hog, but looks good. Boss sold his when he got trapped on an island and had to wait for the wind to get right for takeoff. The had to ride ground effect for several miles after airborne. Looks good though.

Thanks for the info. I figured they were gas/maint hogs.

Do look good though, they need some stc'd turbro props.

Latest resources

Back