• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

beating the dead horse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You posted the message, you knew what the reaction would be, why are you acting offended?

Your the one who said "just beating the dead horse." Well, let the others beat the dead horse too. You started it.

At 700 hrs, I will be putting around the patch in a 152 for another year or so. I'm a CFII so hopefully I'll have a few IFR students and rack up some actual in the 172. However we choose to build our time, its going to be a very long road ahead.

What happens when the PFT runs out? Do they hire you in the left seat?

Safe flying,
Traci

Yv.... you say that the PIC's where you are at get paid a few extra buck when they fly with you.... Could that posibly be like paying the neighbors daughter a cuple of bucks to watch your three year old when you got out?

Re: narrow minds

I'm sorry, but's it's you (YC-135C) that has the incorrect information. In your first post you justify paying for your seat because you're not taking anyone elses job by being a sic in an aircraft that doesn't require a sic. However, if that was true then you wouldn't be able to log that twin time unless it was a 91 leg, and you were sole manipulator of the controls. More likely, your company has made a deal to allow second pilots, and with that deal your company gets certain benefits, such as lower minimums and an extended duty day. Now you are a REQUIRED crew member; if the company wants to use those benefits, you have to be onboard. If you're taking the place of a required crew memeber then that's wrong, no matter if your a 135 SIC or a 121 FO.

YV-135C said:
Me family and all their friends are in the airline industry. They are long time pilots with distinguished careers who have insisted ad infinitum that PFT (ie. the program which i am doing) is not only worthwhile but beneficial for a young pilot with relatively low time.
Also, can someone explain to me that when someone ends up on the losing side of a debate here, why to they bring up that all their friends and family are Boeing 777 captains that agree with their views, so I should too. Oh, and one last thing, don't you think it's a little hypocritical that you complain some here stereotype you as a “dad's little rich boy”, when you stereotype all of us as “narrow minded 'gotta bust your butt' types”.

There are the have and the have nots. I be proud to be part of the have nots, even if my wife calls us a bunch of "half-drunk, partying, women chasing, 30 to 50 year old high school kids." We still have more fun than the have's. Preserve that liver(an not with alcohol)you need it when you get over 50.

Latest resources

Back