Background Check

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lonestar

Can anybody shed some light on how long the background check usually takes? I interviewed Mar 7 (Thurs) and I know that the calls started the following Monday. Is it really Like Lindsey said, "No news is good news"? Thanks for the info.:confused:

It is fast ...

But you probably will not know when it is done. Also, don't jump the gun on the signifigance of the background check, drug test or calls to your referances. These are only signs that the wheels are turning and at least they are interested enough in you to dig. For the answer you are looking for there are no real clues -you'll just have to sweat it out until the DB.

Good Luck:cool:

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I know we can't rush the process - I just don't want there to be a problem and not know about it. I'm just sitting here trying on my new floaties and hoping that I get a chance to use them. :D

Groover -

I also interviewed 3-7. I know it could have been better but it is done now and all we can do is wait! Were you am or pm?

I don't know if any background checks have been done, but some of my LOR writers have been called, for whatever that is worth.

I am sweating it out now too and pressing on! Hopefully I will not need to rely future interviews, I would like that one on 3-7 to be the last, but I don't want to wait around and find out the hard way.

Good luck and I hope you (we) hear good news!

man-down

Background check

The initial check begins shortly after you interview & covers what you provided in the supplemental info & interview sheets. Depending on accuracy of phone numbers, urgency of training departments that are asked to confirm training at previous employers & other issues most folks will meet a DB within 4 weeks of when they interview. Initial DMV, FAA checks also have a role to play in this. Delays can occur for various reasons, often times outside the control of SWA. The only thing one can do to insure the process is timely is to have accurate phone numbers/addresses for previous employers along with the names of supervisors. Sometimes a follow up call to previous employers training departments to insure they have responded to a SWA request may be useful, particularly if there is any doubt on your part they may not respond promptly.

Latest resources

Back