B777 Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

This ad has just a little air of desperation to it compared to a lot of other ads for expats. 80 B777 captains and 8 TRIs ? Fun to watch...

http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/3141.html

A little update: shook the bushes a bit and found out this might be Jet Airways. Considering DL has 179 B777 captains in ATL, 80 + 8 for Jet is pretty ambitious.

It does sound like Jet...because of their new deal with Etihad...based in AUH. They are also hiring JFK based 777 captains...

Yea it's Jet Airways don't waste your time, Jet airways and all the other head hunters are advertising paid recurrent training is provided by Jet. however that is a lie and misleading the contract they offer you states you have to go to a TRTO of your choice and pay out of pocket for the recurrent, airfare, hotel etc. Then only after you are on the line and checked out do they reimburse you. It's a pay to fly outfit. Also no business class tickets either its all standby coach tickets just as bad as the Chinese carriers that are hiring.

Frank Rizzo,

Do you think this particular offer might be attractive to US expats current on the airplane and now living in/commuting to a foreign base ? The prospect of a JFK or ORD base might be attractive since it puts them back on US soil, closer to family ?

I have no idea how many Americans might be in that position.

Each individual's circumstances and priorities are different.

As for the issue of getting current, I can see where people might be a little hesitant.

I don't know of any Chinese carriers that are pay to play....some will take you without the type rating and cover all costs. But you better pass. But I think that is a fair gamble.

I don't know of any Chinese carriers that are pay to play....some will take you without the type rating and cover all costs. But you better pass. But I think that is a fair gamble.
Not PTP...., but most do require that you get your type if you are coming as a DEC. Although they would enter into a bond situation if you negotiate it.

Wow- $11k/month to be a 777 CA?! I understand it's supposedly 'tax free', but seems a bit low. I'm grossing $9900/mo at min resv guarantee as a 4th yr A-320 CA and my pay is 2nd-lowest in US airline industry (behind Airways) for my equipment. Something tells me they make you work your A*S off for that $11k as well. As for the 'loyalty bonus'..is it really paid, or are you screwed out of it somehow?

I've heard from many ex expats who've worked in China that they screw you out of $$ any chance they get.

Not sure if true nowadays...

Wow- $11k/month to be a 777 CA?! I understand it's supposedly 'tax free', but seems a bit low..

There is an additional compensation of an extra $2,000/ month paid in a yearly basis, so that is $13,000/ month @80 hours for a rate of $162.5/hour. If you take DAL highest rate @255/ hour and take away state and federal taxes, and your hourly rate will be what. Around $175 or so? And that is after you reach the captains position with over 12 years invested in the company.

This salary package will be net with taxes paid in the domicile country at a higher rate than in the US so you will be filing under the double taxation condition, and walking through the door on day one, not after what? 18 years to the left seat of a T7 at DAL? when you see it that way! it is a pretty competitive salary package.

Disclaimer...., before the idiosy starts! I'm NOT in any way saying that this is an alternative to a career at ANY major in the US, if you are young enough to start at a legacy and are lucky enough to get some seniority under your belt, that is the most secure and profitable way to go. But I can also see how some guys would be interested in jumping to the opportunity of some of these reverse roster contracts that are popping up here and there...!

There is an additional compensation of an extra $2,000/ month paid in a yearly basis, so that is $13,000/ month @80 hours for a rate of $162.5/hour. If you take DAL highest rate @255/ hour and take away state and federal taxes, and your hourly rate will be what. Around $175 or so? And that is after you reach the captains position with over 12 years invested in the company.

This salary package will be net with taxes paid in the domicile country at a higher rate than in the US so you will be filing under the double taxation condition, and walking through the door on day one, not after what? 18 years to the left seat of a T7 at DAL? when you see it that way! it is a pretty competitive salary package.

Disclaimer...., before the idiosy starts! I'm NOT in any way saying that this is an alternative to a career at ANY major in the US, if you are young enough to start at a legacy and are lucky enough to get some seniority under your belt, that is the most secure and profitable way to go. But I can also see how some guys would be interested in jumping to the opportunity of some of these reverse roster contracts that are popping up here and there...!

I guess it is competitive if you put it that way. Obviously you must be an expat working in Asia under contract; what is the landscape like nowadays in dealing with Asian contract companies and/or airlines? Specifically Chinese? Like I said; I've heard of the reputation that they often renege on promises. True? Not?

The contract agency is very important when making a decision, specially in China, not all the companies are the same though, there are a few that have a not so bad reputation let's say LOL! As everything in aviation, research is a must.....!

Latest resources

Back