• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B-737 Type for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anybody used or heard of K&S aviation for the 737 type? If so what is their reputation? Are they competitive price wise to Higher Power?

I got my type at K&S in Aug. I would highly recommend them. Ground school was in Phoenix. Very nice hotel accomodations with a van service to/from K&S, the airport, downtown, etc. The ground instructor was excellent. Examiners were SWA capts. We requested the -300 sim at FSI in SLC for no additional cost. They taught the SWA flows, callouts, profiles. In fact, we got quite a bit of extra sim time each session for no cost because there was no one scheduled after us. Total cost was $7,500.

I recommend HPA! I received the type from them in March 00 and there is definitely a strong connection to SWA. Make the time if your vacation time can afford it.

I'm just a little RJ pilot, but as for the question about why they require the type, another reason is that Herb wanted all new-hires to have a stake in the company. Thus, pilots, who make one of the better wages at SWA have to pay for some of their training ahead of time. I read this in "Nuts," which is about the company. Good luck to you guys.

PS, Higher power is a christian organization, so perhaps that is part of the reason they are nice people who give you a stand-up deal.

Hi folks!

I went to K&S for my type and was very impressed with their operation, both in the sim and in ground school. When I went (and I think it's still this way), they taught -200 systems and the oral was based on that. Then, we got to spend a day in ground school doing -300 differences allowing me to get familiar with both versions. There were five sim training sessions, the sixth was a LOFT session that allowed us to use the FMS enroute simulating a line flight. By the time we did our type ride (sim #7), we felt really prepared. As mentioned, SWA flows, callouts and checklists were used which was a huge selling point for me (just having to learn it once is a beautiful thing). I studied a lot (probably about 100 hours) before I went, and I felt it was demanding, but still a pleasant experience because every instructor I worked with was very professional and personable.

Also, for people who are getting government assistance, the hotel is included in the total cost which may save you money depending on which program is funding you.

They do teach -200 sim as well, so make sure you request the -300 program when you sign up and see if you can get a copy of the SWA flows in advance (they are different than the Boeing flows).

Good luck to you all!

VeeOneRot8

Latest resources

Back