Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: 6k a month ?

9rj9 said:
can't believe Avolar would need to pay 9K/mo for a capt and 6k/mo for an fo with all the out of work pilots. its supply and demand without the Union.

Sure they will. Remember, even with supply and demand, they still have to be competitive. Now, remember, salaries are going to be a/c dependent, and I agree, you won't see the BE-400 cpts making 9k a month, BUT, you'll likely see G4 cpt drivers at least at that level.

Like Gumby has been saying...the salaries will all be negotiated. And it appears this operation will closely mirror a 121 operation, and with that, as with all the other fracs, you'll have different scales for different birds.

Don't always assume that just because a company MAY be able to fill a position at a substandard wage, due to supply and demand, doesn't mean they will.

pay scales

You honestly beleive that UAL/Avolar won't try and come down on the pay scale with the economy and the industry the way it is?? Not to mention the fact that they are hurting for money? I don't think you'll be seein 9K for Capt's or 6K for FO's at all. You might see 6K for Capt and 4K for an FO. Then if things work out, max pay would be around 9K and 6K after ten years or so...

So what does Jet Blue start out at ? If they hired you as an A320 Captain off the street, would you not expect a hirer salary ? Know that corporate is different and Avolar is attempting to attract quality, experienced, type rated pilots to start their company so that they have a good product for their clients. I personally know Falcon 50 captains making 150K a year and a few Gulfstream people making even more, the airlines are not the only game in town.

Have fun at Jet Blue, looks like a great company !

P3-Adub,

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest.. There are a lot of corporate pilots making excellent pay however, they didn't start off that way.

My point is that there are indeed a lot of out of work pilots that can fill the billet and Avolar knows this. It would be hard for them to justify paying excellent salaries for a yet to be proven company, especially when they have so many furloughed pilots.

Supply and demand is the name of the game right now.
If they have to pay that much initially to attract quality individuals in todays economy, then they are really hurting. I don't expect them to be a Gulfstream type operation (PFT) but, won't have to look far to get pilots for less than what was quoted.

UAL Furloughed guys with types were supposed to get first priority, great for them, I just wonder if they will be getting paid the same amount that they were before they got furloughed.

If they can get that kind of pay from Avolar, fantastic, more power to them and I hope they can thrive. I personally don't see that happening though.

Just my .02 worth

And JB is a great company!!

Latest resources

Back