Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

P3-Adub

Bye Bye !!!
What is the latest actual fleet for Avolar ? I know that there are a bunch on order and there are a couple active Falcon 50s. Just curious if they have started taking deliveries of Lear 45s and 60s yet ? Any other deliveries of Falcons or Gulfstreams ? Any idea of what the actual client numbers are yet ? How about the new owner search ? Last I heard from Gumby was that there were a few interested parties, just trying to find the right fit. I know that there has been a bunch of interviewing so I was wondering how things are going.

Thanks for any info.

Fleet

P3-Adub,

Last I read, they now have 308 aircraft on order. A mix if Gbirds, Falcons, etc... currently operating a couple of leased Hawkers, Falcon 50s, and ? If they run at 5.5 crew per airframe, thats about 1700 pilots.

Last week I talked with a friend who is a retired airline captain with many friends at United. From what he's heard on the inside, United is utliizing Avolar as furlough a supplement for their guys. He also thinks many United retirees will end up their. Just what I heard...

Actually, as I understand it, Avolar is going to adhear to the age 60 rule as if they were 121 ? Also, UAL is not funneling the furloughed pilots into Avolar and the early reports of 15 UAL furloughees was wrong, there were only 4. Not sure of the numbers lately, that is one of the goals of my original post, to see where they are today in actual, on property aircraft, pilots, and investors?????????

Thanks for any info.

Avolar News

I am a furloughed UAL guy on with Avolar. I am somewhere around number 12 on the list and of the pilots I know 6 are furloughees for sure. Others may be, but I don't know them yet. Hiring has just recently picked up big time. I can tell you that Avolar is very friendly towards UAL furloughees - they are trying to be good neighbors.

I am very impressed with the talent and motivation of those I have met so far in the organization - both cockpit types and managment. Yes, this is a start-up, but it looks like they are going about it the right way. Everything that I have seen in the inside tells me that A+ is going to be solid. I gave up the opportunity to go back to active duty in the Navy with the 70K paycheck and job security it would offer to be a part of Avolar. I think I made the right decision.

I just got back from getting typed in the Lear-45 and am awaiting for the first LR45 to be delivered. I can tell you as a fact that there are several "owners" already commited. Those of you who decide to come aboard, hang on tight - it's gonna be a great ride.

Chocks

Thanks Chocks

Thanks for the info. When exactly are the 45s going to start arriving and what duties do you have until then ? Were you hired as an F/O or a captain ? Is the pay that has been discussed on these boards accurate and is it the same for every aircraft ? Any idea what the Gulfstreams are going to pay ? Were you one of the guys hired during the DFW interviews ? Now that there are pilots actually getting hired there, where are the gateways going to be ? I had heard that everything so far is based out of the Chicago area ? As far as aircraft go, is there anything else in the air yet besides the 2 Falcon 50s and the Hawker ?

I have several friends that have finished the phone interview and are waiting for the next step. What has Avolar done about the furloughed pilots and their eventual return once recalled ? Such as, is there any commitment requirement for training ?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Latest resources

Back