Avoid at all cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CUEBOAT said:
The damage on the A/C is very minimal. 6 pieces of wing skin will fix that aircraft.

You know this how???? Anytime a wing crinkles it loses its strength, sort of like a coke can!!! Again, you're just lucky you are alive. I think getting out of flying is the best thing you can do for yourself, and for the sake of anyone you fly around!!!!

I've made some mistakes, but nothing as reckless and dangerous as this!!!!

English said:
CUEBOAT, might I suggest you do yourself a favor and DELETE this thread? If you are unsuccessful editing your posts, then write to the webmaster and ask him to delete this thread for you. You've made some serious mistakes, but you've escalated it past your ability to control by posting about it here.

I apprecitae the advice english. However i doubt I will pursue a flying job again. So let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:
say again said:
You know this how???? Anytime a wing crinkles it loses its strength, sort of like a coke can!!! Again, you're just lucky you are alive. I think getting out of flying is the best thing you can do for yourself, and for the sake of anyone you fly around!!!!

I've made some mistakes, but nothing as reckless and dangerous as this!!!!

your right I am dangerous in a cockpit, you guys win i lose, your smart im dumb, your strong im weak. everyone happy now.

im getting out, not enough money in aviation anyway. Not worth the trouble. Oh and to the clown that tried to insult the streets of brooklyn(the greatest city on earth) that was lame, your a bigboy i'm sure you can do better than that

I've done this a long time I've never wrinkled the skin of an airplane.

For those mx out there doesn't some other stuff bend under the skin? I'm pretty sure it does.

Also depending on the amount of damage you are going to have to report it to the FAA. I'm too lazy to get off my ase to get my aviation law book (final is over) but there is something in there about it.

Dude you survived the first part but you made a douche out of yourself on the second part.

CUEBOAT said:
i doubt I will pursue a flying job again. So let teh chips fall where they may.

Well, at least you have the ability to see that you have royally dipped yourself in shat and that it's useless to attempt to wash it off.

CUEBOAT said:
I know i've made mistakes, i never said i didnt. As far as lightning, you need nether clouds nor a TS to create it. Lightning has been seen up to 60 miles from a storm. If you also like to give me a checkride ill take it. i am confident in my Instrument skilld

I'm not a D.E. so no checkride today, and, I don't know if I'd get in a plane with you!!! So how did you get yourself inverted, in all honesty???

all that GIV, Learjet time and falcon 50 time really helped out didn't it?

Dont fret the skys are safe again, cause cueboat is no longer flying. give me a break i know pilots with far less skills flying with 70pax in the back. Nothing needs to be reported already consulted counsel on this. I would even gaurantee i could get a job flying again after this.

got inverted more than likely cause i couldnt see for 15 secs, how about you fly blind folded in crystal clear skys and see how well it works out.

Diesel actually jet time hinders a person flying a small prop. Also no numerical value is placed upon an a/c to decide an accident. you also should read up 830

Apparently you're content to keep on digging. Very well, then.

There were no thunderstorms within 30 miles of your position? This is now your assertion? How do you explain the lightening strike? How do you explain being struck by lightening, when the nearest thunderstorm was 30 miles away? Did you not make the following statements for us?

I was indeed solo, furher more I wasn't in a TS I was 30 miles east of one.

This, as opposed to...

On August 9th I was flying the chieftain and was struck by lightning at about 4000agl, I lost vision for a few seconds and the airplane ended up inverted.

Is it your assertion that the lightening jumped 30 nm from the thunderstorm and tagged you?

About being inverted...you just stated that you damaged the aircraft while performing a loop (not going to try to analyze that one...we'll take it at face value that at night over the water after going blind and without attitude reference you were able to determine that it was a loop you completed)...how does being inverted figure into that loop? Was that an outside loop, and if so, which way are the wings bent? Truly amazing, if you ask me.

The damage on the A/C is very minimal. 6 pieces of wing skin will fix that aircraft.

So says you, and there you go again, trying to minimalize the events in question. Aren't you the one who insists he or she takes full responsibility? Six pieces of wing skin, you say. Apparently you're not a mechanic, or you might realize that skin doesn't wrinkle unless the underlying structure is damaged. If you wrinkle a wing, you can bet dollars for doughnuts that the underlying structure has sustained damage. You may also be aware that as the structure is semi-monocoque, a large share of the strength of the structure is in the wing skin. Fail the skin, you can suffer a structural failure.

I know taking another trip wasn't the best thing to do. However I did it and I have to live with my mistakes.

Are you of the same ilk that would cavelierly put a gun to someone's head, pull the trigger, and when nothing happens, shrug your shoulders and casually comment, "Oh well. It's okay. Nothing happened." Is that you?"

You damaged an airplane to the point that a wing bent, the skin was wrinkled, at night over the ocean in a thunderstorm in a piston powered airplane, lost your instruments, and then repeated the flight shortly thereafter in the same aircraft? You find this to be a little mistake that you'll "just have to live with?" What you did was criminal. Insanely stupid. Not just foolish, but rabidly, forcefully, potentially fatally stupid. You risked others lives with your own stupidity. Other posters here have been far too kind. If you'd done that to me, or my employees, or my airplane, you wouldn't have any teeth left through which to keep making your excuses. Utterly, absolutely inexcuseable. You should not only lose your pilot certificates, but your freedom. Your actions were criminal.

I'll lose my remaining faith in the Administrator if you don't experience a certificate revocation for your actions. God help the fare-paying cab passenger you drive if you return to New York. You need something far and remote where you have less chance of hurting someone. I can't imagine what that could be, given that depth of sheer stupidity, but certainly there is a corner of the globe where that level of incompetence won't be prosecuted against the innocent. Somewhere.

Perhaps amazing of all is that not only did you do these things, but you wanted money for doing it, you wanted the rest of your salary, you wanted severance, and even denied help in finding additional work from your employer. Your arrogance is exceeded only by your lack of judgement, which is an increadible leap of it's own accord.

Avbug I dont believe you have seen everything, ever think the reason it was stolen was because I would win in court???? I have jet expierence, not much. however i'll even allow you to exam my logbook if you wish

Stolen? You dunce. You think you'd win in a court of law, and you don't have the brains to have more than one xerox copy of your so-called "contract?" Darwin, we have the missing link!

Who was in a thunderstorm?, Avbug you can keep on playing monday morning quarterback all day long. Accident? It was an incident read up on part 830, all knowing all seeing overloard of aviation Avbug

The fact that you were struck by lightening, according to your own testimony, is fairly strong indication of it's own accord that you were in or in very close proximity to a thunderstorm. See, they call it a thunderstorm because of the thunder...thunder comes following the lightening. See the connection there? My, my, you're a rocket scientist. But here you go, minimizing the events again, refusing to take responsibility for your actions.

Read up on Part 830, shall we? Let's shall...

§ 830.2 Definitions.

"Aircraft accident" means an occurrence associated with the operation of an aircraft which takes place between the time any person boards the aircraft with the intention of flight and all such persons have disembarked, and in which any person suffers death or serious injury, or in which the aircraft receives substantial damage.

"Substantial damage" means damage or failure which adversely affects the structural strength, performance, or flight characteristics of the aircraft, and which would normally require major repair or replacement of the affected component. Engine failure or damage limited to an engine if only one engine fails or is damaged, bent fairings or cowling, dented skin, small punctured holes in the skin or fabric, ground damage to rotor or propeller blades, and damage to landing gear, wheels, tires, flaps, engine accessories, brakes, or wingtips are not considered "substantial damage" for the purpose of this part.

Guess what, brightspark, wrinkled wing skin and underlying structural damage is substantial damage. Have YOU read the regulation??

avbug said:
You aren't by chance talking about a salary, are you?

avbug said:

Glad you established that fact. You're asserting that you had a contract, at your low level of inexperience in the industry, that promised you twenty seven thousand dollars weather you worked a day or a year? One that promised you the full ammount even if you wreck the company aircraft and place the lives of those on board in jeopardy by continuing to operate that aircraft after the fact? You are one truly amazing negotiator. I'm in awe.

Night time? it was day although not completly sunny, again a/c wasnt destroyed.

Yet you were blind, went inverted, looped the airplane, lost all your instruments and couldn't recover without them (in the daylight), and bent the wings and wrinkled the skin all the same. Again, truly amazing. Keep digging. Keep digging.

No skills? Ill take an Avbug checkride if you want me to prove you wrong. I'll even let you choose the plane as long as your paying

Ah well, you see...I don't imagine anybody could pay me enough to get in an airplane with you. Giving you a checkride would be a waste of time, as you said more than enough already. I suspect that at this stage in the game for you, a competency checkride would be generous for you, instead of merely revoking your certificates for your actions. I find it rather increadulous that you would suggest at this stage that anybody would be stupid enough to pay you to get in their airplane...certainly I wouldn't pay for the airplane. Good grief.

Keep on digging. Give a man enough rope, he hangs himself. You tie the perfect knot.

I know i've made mistakes, i never said i didnt. As far as lightning, you need nether clouds nor a TS to create it. Lightning has been seen up to 60 miles from a storm. If you also like to give me a checkride ill take it. i am confident in my Instrument skills

Yes, it shows. And you should be. After all, you did lose control, end up inverted, loop, and bend the wings. You should be confident after that.

Unfortunately, it's your blind overconfidence that makes you so dangerous.

You sure about that lightening thing?

Last edited:
If you ask me flying that airplane the day after wrinkling the skin, is grounds for an Emergency Revocation.

Latest resources

Back