Avjet Burbank

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

merlindrvr88

Anyone got info on Avjet Corporation out of Burbank. Might have an offer, and was just wondering.

Okay, here is the deal with Avjet:
1. Worked there for 4 months on a Premier 1
2. No benefits for 90 days
3. If owner sell aircraft, you are out.
4. If the company gets new aircraft, they DO NOT promote from within, they hire new people from outside the company.
5. No per diem on trips, they allow 12$ for breakfast, up to $18 for lunch and up to $30 for dinner--send in all the receipts and get reimbursed.

I liked the guys I flew with and my scheduler was a sweetie. Bruce, the chief pilots assistant is a great guy.

I know 6 people over at Avjet that have been promoted from within. All but one started in the Westwind, the other started in the Astra.

Hard days off: none
FAR days off only, that is 13 days/quarter
You will fly EVERYDAY
This airplane is the workhorse of the fleet.

How about pay?

Thanks for the info, but how is the pay? Anyone? Thanks again.

Please don't take one person's view as hard fact. Avjet is a great place to work and they prefer to promote from within. Pay on all aircraft is mid to high range on all the pay serveys. While there is no per diem, you get up to $60/day domestic and $90/day international to spend on food. However, you will only get reimbursed for what you spend, and you will have a company AmEx to charge everything on.

On the road you will be well taken care of with nice hotels and rental cars. You get to keep all of you AmEx and hotel reward points, which add up to quite bit over the course of a year. Depending on the speicific airplane you are assigned to will determine how your schedule will work. On the westwinds, they try to keep 6 pilot assigned so scheduled time off and vacation is never problem. Obviously, this is not always the case and there have been times when only 4 four pilots are available for the two airplanes, but not for long, they work hard to keep those planes staffed effectively.

It's true, the westwinds are the workhorses of the fleet. You will fly a lot, but you will be able to move up to bigger aircraft. In the past three years, every westwind pilot who stuck around was offered a position in a G4, G550 or Challenger. The only three who did not get offers either left after a few months or were "asked" to leave.

Avjet is a place where you make it what you want it to be. They will not hold your hand or pat you on the back every week. If you show up, do your job and do it well, you will succeed there. On top of it all, the checks always clear, expenses are always reimbursed quickly and there are several other perks that make the job better.

Avjet is by the worst place I ever worked. The President could care less about the pilots and told me that they are nothing more than chimps. He could care less about people and tries to squeeze as much out of you as possible. The co-founder who is a pilot does not have a backbone and does not stand up to the President or stand behind the pilots. I was always on the hook to fly and my days off where days I did not get called. Had many calls at midnight where I had to scurry to the airport and fly to TEB. I am now at a major airline and worked at three 135 operators while I was building my time. Avjet by far was a horrible experience.

Latest resources

Back