Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People's Express went TU anyway; indicates to me the real issues weren't fundamentally union related anyway.

You are right. It was absorbed into CAL with Frontier which ultimately became what it is today. But without the intervention by Lorenzo, they all would have been gone and thousands more jobs would have been lost.

Two layoffs were enough for me to seek employment at a non-union carrier to secure my future against those that didn't care about anything but themselves.

Why do you keep acting as if you are a career pilot? News flash, EVERYONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE. If you want to salvage any credibility you have left ( that's right, you never had any) at least join the debate as who you are, since it's already a known fact. But to act like you've flown for all these companies...... silly. But what would one expect from your type? And how do keep track of all the lies you tell on a daily basis? Must be a full time job.

Last edited:
So, the word is the crew that had the gear fail on them in FLL was asked to resign or be fired. Maybe their fault, maybe not. Maybe it's justified, maybe not. Given this a/c's history and the crew's insistence of a normal landing (backed by CVR?), I'd guess not. I understand pressure to "admit" error was applied as well, to no avail.

Yea, I know, I don't like unions either. But with proper representation, mngmt can't easily make you the scapegoat as they did in this case, it appears. The ink wasn't even dry before we started hearing all the silly rules, etc.

Firing the monkeys always looks better to the shareholders.

We boys and girls may need this: http://org.teamster.org/faqs.htm

This thread got off track and went quiet in a hurry!

Bug, some of us have offered the Avantair pilots encouragement and pointed out (to those who haven't yet realized it, though it's hard to see how they couldn't after the recent incident there...:eek:) the need for career protections a written contract would give them. Ultimately, the choice is theirs to make: a never-ending cycle of being used (sometimes abused) by management or standing up for themselves and demanded their due as professional pilots gone from home half the time working for the company.

It amazes me that a workforce who must constantly adhere to checklists would leave the outcome of their career investment to chance, relying on those who don't have your best interests at heart to make critical decisions that affect you and your family....:confused:

Best wishes to all frac pilots and their families,
Netjetwife

Bug, some of us have offered the Avantair pilots encouragement and pointed out (to those who haven't yet realized it, though it's hard to see how they couldn't after the recent incident there...:eek:) the need for career protections a written contract would give them. Ultimately, the choice is theirs to make: a never-ending cycle of being used (sometimes abused) by management or standing up for themselves and demanded their due as professional pilots gone from home half the time working for the company.

It amazes me that a workforce who must constantly adhere to checklists would leave the outcome of their career investment to chance, relying on those who don't have your best interests at heart to make critical decisions that affect you and your family....:confused:

Best wishes to all frac pilots and their families,
Netjetwife

NJW, let me guess... Your husband has never been laid off due to a union action, right? There have been thousands of pilots and represented employees that have been laid off over the recent years because the union that pledged to protect them squeezed the neck of the golden goose SO tight the goose either croaked or no longer could lay eggs fast enough to sustain them. Carriers have been out of bankruptcy for only a couple of months, and the unions are already looking for their "fair share".. sheesh...

The only "best interest" a union has us the dues that support them. If it was the employee, they would be a lot more amicable in their dealings and act BEFORE the carrier was struggling rather than forcing it into bankruptcy by not budging on an unreasonable contract for that space in time.

NJW, let me guess... Your husband has never been laid off due to a union action, right? There have been thousands of pilots and represented employees that have been laid off over the recent years because the union that pledged to protect them squeezed the neck of the golden goose SO tight the goose either croaked or no longer could lay eggs fast enough to sustain them. Carriers have been out of bankruptcy for only a couple of months, and the unions are already looking for their "fair share".. sheesh...

The only "best interest" a union has us the dues that support them. If it was the employee, they would be a lot more amicable in their dealings and act BEFORE the carrier was struggling rather than forcing it into bankruptcy by not budging on an unreasonable contract for that space in time.

They did you moron, case in point, look at American, and Don Carty. After the pilots gave concessions, good ol Don Carty gave 20 million to the top management people. In your wack brain how is that fair? So who had the "best interest" in mind there.

This B19 guy can't concede a thing. Case in point is page 11 where I commented about the same things with other carriers. Its bs he's peddling. That's all. Along with a "tainted" employment past with his "layoffs". The only argument he had was that I wasn't even born during the whole Continental fiasco...pitiful. Oh, and since I was born in the 60's, I'd say I was not only alive, but I'm also a history buff who reads even if I wasn't cognizant of the facts as they happened.

Their fair share was due to them (AA Pilots) B19. Concessions by pilots and then huge bonuses to high level management. You think that's fair?

Last edited:
Please don't feed the troll known as B19 Flyer. He takes a little bit of knowledge, and then demonstrates he has no idea how to use it.

Furloughs at airlines are because of bad managment, not a union.

Latest resources

Back