Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if FI gave up the names of the people on this sight, they would probably be subject to a bunch of legal problems from the identified. hence, the reason why you can't post names. and if they are pilots, why would they want to F*ck over other pilots in favor of mgmt.

you still have to have a reason for the frivilous lawsuit. i would like to read that article. Not to mention, if they are fired for union recruiting or organizing, then there are laws that protect from that as well. don't forget this is a publicly traded company now. its not as easy as it once was to hide shady business practices...if that is what people think is happening. i'm not aware of any. besides, if the company thinks they are doing a good job in managing the pilots then they have nothing to worry about.
like i said. growing company, with more pilots to come. job protection (which means long term financial stabilty for you and your family) should be priority. the union would help provide that, along with other benefits. right now there are no guarantees. its all at the companies discretion. the pilots should get a legitimate say. and i don't mean the worthless PA board.

New slogan for avantair: "IT'S TIME"

Well, I've been with a union with a prior employer. All I have to say is it was a very good thing to have. Like someone said, it's not about the money, ok, sometimes it is, but job security. These two guys got hosed big time. Unbiased system board? Yeah, ok, sure.
They were told resign or be fired "after all facts were considered"?? The NTSB report isn't out. So, it seems to me all the facts were NOT considered!

IT'S TIME! Vote YES!

Either improve life by bringing on union representation (and not be subjected to arbitrary management whims) or vote with your feet - Netjets has a union and it is hiring... Choice is yours.

Actually, as quiet as that plane is; you'd hear something obvious on the CVR to indicate a landing hard enough to collapse the gear......

"I hear the train a comin´
it´s rolling round the bend....."

Last edited:
you still have to have a reason for the frivilous lawsuit. i would like to read that article. .
Knock yourself out:

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2000/05/36338

"A lot of companies are monitoring these message boards all the time. When they see something they don't like, they instantly file a lawsuit," said Rob Lytle, a trade-secret attorney for Howrey Simon Arnold & White in Houston.
"There are dozens and dozens of these cases," agreed Chris Hansen, an attorney with the ACLU.
Problem is, say critics, many of the cases are bogus -- the suing company is filing the case solely to unmask its online enemies.
To do that, it issues subpoenas to the online company that hosts the message board or chat room, asking for the identity of the alleged defamers. Many Net companies, including the biggest message board hosters like Yahoo, will ultimately hand over a user's name in response to subpoena. "Once the company knows who you are, they can fire you if you're an employee, or they can intimidate you with their big corporate lawyers," said Megan Gray, an attorney for Baker & Hostetler in Los Angeles.

Last edited:
I think you'll find, like the last two times that a union drive was started, that there are too many people apathetic. Some have just had too much kool-aid, and will never be convinced otherwise.

Watch out, though. During the last union drive, two out of the three that were behind it got fired.

www.eff.org/privacy/anonymity/blog-anonymously.php

look at blog without getting fired, number 2

people should be able to post on here without worry. noone is giving away vital company information. i don't want the company to go away, i want them to be successful. i just think the pilots need a way to protect themselves from mgmt or future mgmt that may make harsh decisions based off emotions or worried reactions. losing a job isn't easy, and it shouldn't be taken lightly. i feel horrible for those guys who had to go up for Disciplinary action. i hope no one else has to go down that road. i also think if the company tried to get user id's in order to fire people, it would probably end up hurting their cause.

For all curious pilots...avantair is not a bad place to work. i just think given some recent events and the fact that we will begin to have a larger group of pilots....a union could help in protecting our interests.

Latest resources

Back