Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

upndsky

Freightdog 4 Life
I'm hoping someone can help settle a bet. My friend says that the Beech 1900C doesn't have an autopilot while the D-model does. I say neither has an autopilot.

Who'se buying the beer?

Thanks.

There are some corporate 1900's that have autopilots, but these are usually single pilot versions.

When I worked for Mesa, I found to my dismay that they bought some new D's that did not have electric trim, and the FO's flight director mirrored what the CA had set - The FO did not have any FD controls. We called these "D minuses".

You both can go buy some beer. Most 1900s did not/do not have autopilots but both the C and D models can be found with autopilots. Better yet, let's just say you both lost and each owe me a case of beer....:eek....: :D

Ah yes, the D-minus 1900's. It sucks flying those from the right seat. You brush up against the captain's leg whenever you adjust the trim. Whose idea was that anyways (LR)? I had heard something about some of Mesa's 1900's having autopilots but they sold them all to Great Lakes. Does anybody from Mesa or Lakes know anything about this?

BeechScrub

When I left Lakes in May of '01, two 1900D models had autopilots. I heard that Voss was going to have them removed due to training costs...no word if he was that short-sighted or not.

David Clarks

I also remember the D-minus at Mesa. Didn't they also take out one of the yaw dampers or something? I remember hearing that every 1900 delivered came with 2 new David Clark headsets that the company took out of the a/c and would try to sell to newhires. I was FloridaGoof Division. Red headed step child that we were!

Hvy

AWACoff said:
When I left Lakes in May of '01, two 1900D models had autopilots. I heard that Voss was going to have them removed due to training costs...no word if he was that short-sighted or not.

Close. Three airplanes, 225, 170, and 169 had the autopilots. 170 and 169 also have a/s as well for the CGX runs. One of the planes a/p was damaged during some scheduled maintenance and they decided not to replace it. I don't know if it's back now or not. Knowing Lakes, it probably cost them more to get some sort of STC to remove the a/p then would to replace it! Remember the Brasilia galley debacle?

Yeah, the FO in the 1900 is the autopilot, the flight attendant, and the environmental control engineer.

BeechScrub

Latest resources

Back