Attrition at ASA after the bonus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Being somewhat isolated over in the country club that is the 'D' lounge, I don't know how things are going over in the newly 'refreshed' 'C' lounge. Thus, does anybody have a feel for what the attrition at ASA is now that the TA has passed? Are we still losing around 20-ish a month? Or, have folks cooled off awaiting their 15 Dec. paycheck?

Based off of the number of reserve pilots versus the number of lines, it appears that the ATR is well staffed. Perhaps over-staffed. Is this the case on either jet?

Are there any conclusions to be drawn from this?

I'm a late November '06 hire; it looks as though my class will see less than two year upgrades.

The new look at C reminds me of walking in a run down elementary school. Guess on the attrition question, all we can do is wait until after the 15th. I think the pilots that get their check and that have to now pay to come to work due to the travel benefits change are going to be the ones really wanting to jet.

There is nothing by way of #'s but I know I have spoken with at least 30 guys/girls that claim to be leaving after the check. These are people that I believe would stand behind a statement like that. All it is, one more thing holding the door open even more along with the people that were getting out of here regardless.

BTW Flyin-
That is easily one of the top 5 avatars I have seen yet.:beer:

Talked to one of the CP secretaries. She said they are expecting about 330 total for the year. She had two sets of jepps on her desk from the day before.

*Calculates seniority number*

In other news, how's the dark side CFI? Give me a call some time.

-Brett

The new look at C reminds me of walking in a run down elementary school. Guess on the attrition question, all we can do is wait until after the 15th. I think the pilots that get their check and that have to now pay to come to work due to the travel benefits change are going to be the ones really wanting to jet.

Is Home Depot hiring????

*Calculates seniority number*

In other news, how's the dark side CFI? Give me a call some time.

-Brett

Things are great in the 'D' lounge. You missed out...

I'm kicking around the idea of bidding for a seat on the 50, but I really don't want to self-induce any more training/ FSI appreciation time than I have to.

I thought all you had to do to get your $$$ was be here through the 20th of November. You'd still get your cash even if you quit before the 15th right?

I haven't heard any numbers, but I talked to a couple Captains that quit last week.

The new look at C reminds me of walking in a run down elementary school.

:nuts: uh what were you saying? I couldn't get past your A#1 avatar!!:beer:

Have they stripped the nasty a$$ grime off the walls of that can outside the crew lounge in C? I've found its counterpart in the belly of the beast of JFK just outside the employee cafe in Terminal 3.

We'll probably join y'all as DL stepchildren when they decide to toss us aside after the new year. Not looking forward to the pay-for-commute.

Latest resources

Back