Attention SWA's Ad Agency

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
For the ad agency currently running the Southwest Airlines account.

"Bag Police" ad: Brilliant

The REALLY gay-looking F/O with a guitar leading a bunch of dancing schmucks like the Pied Piper ad: Not so brilliant

Discuss

iflyhigh72

Total Time
Hey gutshot. That FO will probably earn $20,000 over the next 3 months with residuals to continue until 2012. Not bad for a few days work.

Discuss

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Was it a real F/O? It would take a lot more than 20 grand for me to make an idiot of myself on national tv.

Of course, I do it for free around here...

iflyhigh72

Total Time
No he won't. Actors/extras in ads are paid once.
Yes he will. Trust me! He is considered a principle performer/ on camera with a speaking part. Everytime his commercial airs he will be paid.

Last edited:

ASADFW7

Total Time
The guy is a MDW first officer and a great guy. He is married and Irish. I wouldn't be a hater, his brother is actually an actor in California. I was in the class behind me as a new hire, and is a good representation of our company. I am sorry your gaydar went off, perhaps you need to be less critical of quirky?

iflyhigh72

Total Time
Was it a real F/O? It would take a lot more than 20 grand for me to make an idiot of myself on national tv.

Of course, I do it for free around here...
That's funny right there. I don't care who you are. Yes it's a real F/O.

GuppyWN

Total Time
The guy is a MDW first officer and a great guy. He is married and Irish. I wouldn't be a hater, his brother is actually an actor in California. I was in the class behind me as a new hire, and is a good representation of our company. I am sorry your gaydar went off, perhaps you need to be less critical of quirky?

Now that is truly amazing. I wish there were two of me. Double the awesomeness.

Gup

p.s. I thought the commercial was hokey....... but SWA is hokey and that's fine with me.

75M

Total Time
9000+
I wish there were two of me. Double the awesomeness.
I wish there were two of you too Gup.

We just saw the commercial and my 7 year old daughter loved it. I liked the way they portrayed a pilot as the leader of the group.

Overall, I liked it.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Hi SWA PALS! I LOVE YOU GUYS. Anyways, my favorite SWA ad is the one with the two Captains (I used to call Bo and Luke Dumbazz, but not anymore!) who extolled the way more SWA flights were now "Nonstop." (as opposed to the old way of 6 stops across the country from BWI to ONT) That one wasn't very clever. And the one with the two rampers driving after a Volaris A319 at ONT trying to pull it over due to high baggage fees, wasn't very good either. After the merger with AT, I have a feeling SWA will add bag fees to help pay for the HUGE raises the AT pilots will be getting.

Regardless, I think ALL OF YOU ARE FRICKEN FANTASTIC, and I hope that you will all go to my birthday party at the Playboy Club at The Palm Resort in LAS on New Year's Eve this year. When they stop you at the door, just tell them "General Lee invited us." You WILL be whisked away, not in a squad car, but rather an elevator up to the top floor to look and frolic with super hot chicks who want to be "your friend" for the evening. If they ask you "are you looking for a date?" SAY YES!!! And if they ask for money later, say "put it on the General's bill........" I'll get it. And, if you have time, PLEASE OH PLEASE do something nice for someone tonight, like telling the curbside baggage guy at the airport that "Even though the NFL didn't work out for you, at least you still get to enjoy the great weather outside during work." Then tip him a $2 bill and give him a high five. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Benjamin Dover

Total Time
10K +
Hey General,

Thanks my man - we all think you are really super cool too. I was going to say FANTASTIC, but that word has been used already :blush:

We love you on here man. Glad you weren't buds with that Delta pilot that is serving time in the slammer now for giving his wife the beat down and worse in Peachtree City.

Maybe I'll see you around the E concourse. I'll look for you in your sans-a-belt slacks and Members Only jacket.

BD

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
I'm not hatin' on gay people, just this spot. I used to be in the TV biz myself (actually hold a BA in Radio/TV). From concept to execution to impression on the target demographic, it's a P O S commercial.

General, too bad I won't be home over New Years or I might just come to your little party if for no other reason than to laugh at you while you get your freak on at the Palms. But hey, thanks for droppin some coin in my city and helping to keep my taxes low and you have a FANTASTIC time with all the hookers.....er, I mean girlfriends you're bringing.

Last edited:

desolo

luvdriver
Total Time
Thanks for the invite General, but I don't have to pay for it.

califlyer

Total Time
9000+
That's not a Volaris Airbus in that commercial. Looks more like a Delta Airbus.

Flying the Line

Total Time
A commercial doesn't have to be good to be effective. If traffic has increased on the web site after they ran today, then I bet you will lots more of them.

Hose A. Jiminez

Total Time
no mas

The REALLY gay-looking F/O with a guitar leading a bunch of dancing schmucks like the Pied Piper ad: Not so brilliant

Discuss
I thought the same thing.

FWIW: they are all real employees, and I hear they are making some pretty good jack. 50-60K in a few months if you make one of the national broadcast commercials. Good on 'em. I'd run around in my skivies with a guitar for that. Pretty sure I did it in college a time or two. Dont think I was even wearing my skivies.

FO 4 Life

2 Mai Tai minimum
Total Time
5:00

Discuss
Just saw the ad...maybe he got the guitar part because his brother is an actor on Melrose Place.

Can't wait to give him a load of $h!t.:laugh:

yoyoma

Total Time
Agreed. gayest commercial ever. i am embarrassed for those people.